Looking For The Best Quotes Of Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie? (Born 15 September 1977), Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie is a Nigerian writer whose works range from novels to short stories to nonfiction. She was described in The Times Literary Supplement as “the most prominent” of a “procession of critically acclaimed young anglophone authors who is succeeding in attracting a new generation of readers to African literature”.
Adichie has written the novels Purple Hibiscus (2003), Half of a Yellow Sun (2006), and Americanah (2013), the short story collection The Thing Around Your Neck (2009), and the book-length essay We Should All Be Feminists (2014). Her most recent book, Dear Ijeawele, or A Feminist Manifesto in Fifteen Suggestions, was published in March 2017. In 2008, she was awarded a MacArthur Genius Grant.
Below you will find out the best collection of inspirational and wise quotes from her. Check it out!
- “I think you travel to search and you come back home to find yourself there.” — Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
- “Never ever accept ‘Because You Are A Woman’ as a reason for doing or not doing anything.” — Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
- “This was love: a string of coincidences that gathered significance and became miracles.” — Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
- “People have crushes on priests all the time, you know. It’s exciting to have to deal with God as a rival.” — Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
- “How easy it was to lie to strangers, to create with strangers the versions of our lives we imagined.” — Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
- “And it’s wrong of you to think that love leaves room for nothing else. It’s possible to love something and still condescend to it.” — Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
- “That her relationship with him was like being content in a house but always sitting by the window and looking out” — Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
- “The only reason race matters is because of racism.” — Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
- “Culture does not make people. People make culture.” — Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
- “You can’t write a script in your mind and then force yourself to follow it. You have to let yourself be.”– Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
- “She could not complain about not having shoes when the person she was talking to had no legs.”– Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
- “I write from real life. I am an unrepentant eavesdropper and a collector of stories. I record bits of overheard dialogue.”– Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
- The single story creates stereotypes, and the problem with stereotypes is not that they are untrue, but that they are incomplete. They make one story become the only story.
- Show a people as one thing, only one thing, over and over again, and that is what they become.__ Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Quotes
- If you don’t understand, ask questions. If you’re uncomfortable about asking questions, say you are uncomfortable about asking questions and then ask anyway.
- It is easy to romanticize poverty, to see poor people as inherently lacking agency and will. It is easy to strip them of human dignity, to reduce them to objects of pity.
- Of course I am not worried about intimidating men. The type of man who will be intimidated by me is exactly the type of man I have no interest in.
- The manifestation of racism has changed but the language has not.
- Culture does not make people. People make culture.__ Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Quotes
- There are some things that are so unforgivable that they make other things easily forgivable.
- The problem with gender is that it prescribes how we should be rather than recognizing how we are. Imagine how much happier we would be, how much freer to be our true individual selves, if we didn’t have the weight of gender expectations.
- Masculinity is a hard, small cage, and we put boys inside this cage.
- First we need to calm down, breathe, and get over ourselves.__ Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Quotes
- Lasting love has to be built on mutual regard and respect. It is about seeing the other person.
- Many stories matter. Stories have been used to dispossess and to malign. But stories can also be used to empower, and to humanize. Stories can break the dignity of a people. But stories can also repair that broken dignity.
Thanks for reading my favorite 25 Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Quotes. I wish you a great year and hope you can find these quotes whenever you need a boost, so you can confidently crush every challenge or goal you set for yourself.
You can also share your favorites quotes on facebook or send them to a friend who can use them as encouragement. Thank you!
- George R.R. Martin Quotes [25 Quotes On Books, Writing & Fantasy]
- Louisa May Alcott Quotes [20 Quotes About Love, Life & Beauty]
- Quotes by Henry Miller [25 Quotes About Love, Life & Beauty]
- Quotes by Tina Fey [22 Quotes About Life, Love & Beauty]
- Quotes by Tony Stark [Top 21 Quotes Funny W. Pictures]
- Quotes by Anthony Hopkins [21 Quotes On Life, Love & Happiness]
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe Quotes [25 Quotes On Love & Happiness]
- Quotes by Victor Hugo [25 Quotes On Love, Life & Education]
- Quotes by George Eliot [25 Quotes On Friendship, Love & Marriage]
- Quotes by Robert Frost [25 Quotes On Nature, Life & Education]