Looking for quotes of Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie? Below you will find out the best collection of inspirational and wise quotes from Adichie. Check it out!
Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, born September 15, 1977, is a Nigerian writer. At the age of 19, she left Nigeria for the United States.
After studying at Drexel University in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie opted for Eastern Connecticut State University. There she continued her studies in communication and political science. In 2001, she obtained her university degree there with the honorable mention summa cum laude. She then completed a master’s degree in creative writing at Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore in 2003. She obtained an M.A. in African Studies from Yale University in 2008.
RELATED: 70 Famous Quotes To Change The World
- “Never ever accept ‘Because You Are A Woman’ as a reason for doing or not doing anything.”
- This was love: a string of coincidences that gathered significance and became miracles.“(Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Quotes)
- You must never behave as if your life belongs to a man. Do you hear me?”
- Racism should never have happened and so you don’t get a cookie for reducing it.“
- Race doesn’t really exist for you because it has never been a barrier. Black folks don’t have that choice.“
- There are some things that are so unforgivable that they make other things easily forgivable.“
- “I think you travel to search and you come back home to find yourself there.”(Chimamanda Adichie Quotes)
- “People have crushes on priests all the time, you know. It’s exciting to have to deal with God as a rival.”
- “How easy it was to lie to strangers, to create with strangers the versions of our lives we imagined.”
- “And it’s wrong of you to think that love leaves room for nothing else. It’s possible to love something and still condescend to it.”
- “That her relationship with him was like being content in a house but always sitting by the window and looking out”
- “The only reason race matters is because of racism.”(Chimamanda Quotes)
- “Culture does not make people. People make culture.”
- “You can’t write a script in your mind and then force yourself to follow it. You have to let yourself be.”
- “She could not complain about not having shoes when the person she was talking to had no legs.”
- “I write from real life. I am an unrepentant eavesdropper and a collector of stories. I record bits of overheard dialogue.”
- The manifestation of racism has changed but the language has not. (Adichie Quotes)
- The single story creates stereotypes, and the problem with stereotypes is not that they are untrue, but that they are incomplete. They make one story become the only story.
- Show a people as one thing, only one thing, over and over again, and that is what they become.
- If you don’t understand, ask questions. If you’re uncomfortable about asking questions, say you are uncomfortable and then ask anyway.
- Culture does not make people. People make culture.
- There are some things that are so unforgivable that they make other things easily forgivable. (Chimamanda Ngozi Quotes)
- Masculinity is a hard, small cage, and we put boys inside this cage.
- First we need to calm down, breathe, and get over ourselves.
- Lasting love has to be built on mutual regard and respect. It is about seeing the other person.
Thanks for reading my favorite 25 Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie quotes. I wish you a great year and hope you can find these quotes whenever you need a boost, so you can confidently crush every challenge or goal you set for yourself.
You can also share your favorites quotes on facebook or send them to a friend who can use them as encouragement. Thank you!
Source: 10 Inspirational Quotes from Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie/femmedinfluence
- 40+ Erotic And Sexual Quotes That Will Make Your Imagination Fly
- 25 Racism Quotes Will Inspire You To Take Action
- 30 Margaret Atwood Quotes To Stimulate The Writer inside You
- 25 Best Seneca Quotes On Life, Love & Travel
- 65 J.K Rowling Quotes Will Motivate You Through Adversity
- 25 Quotes On Jealousy That Will Throw A Light On This Vice
- 25 Drugs Quotes Motivate You Towards A Sober Lifestyle
- 30 Jimi Hendrix Quotes On Music, Life & Love
- 25 Stephen Curry Quotes About God, Life & Success