Looking For The Best Quotes Of Edmund Burke? Edmund Burke (January 12, 1729 – July 9, 1797) is an Anglo-Irish politician and philosopher. Born in Dublin, Burke served as a member of parliament (MP) from 1766 to 1794 in the House of Representatives with the Whig Party after moving to London in 1750. He was also considered as the founder of the philosophy of modern conservatism.
The following is a list of some of Edmund Burke’s famous quotes collected from a vast sea of his works. Check it out!
- “Those who don’t know history are destined to repeat it.” — Edmund Burke
- “History is a pact between the dead, the living, and the yet unborn.”– Edmund Burke
- “Ambition can creep as well as soar.” — Edmund Burke
- “You can never plan the future by the past.” — Edmund Burke
- “Among a people generally corrupt liberty cannot long exist.” — Edmund Burke
- “We must all obey the great law of change. It is the most powerful law of nature.” — Edmund Burke
- “All men that are ruined, are ruined on the side of their natural propensities.” — Edmund Burke
- “Beauty is the promise of happiness.” — Edmund Burke
- No power so effectually robs the mind of all its powers of acting and reasoning as fear.
- Rudeness is the weak man’s imitation of strength.__ Edmund Burke Quotes
- If we command our wealth, we shall be rich and free. If our wealth commands us, we are poor indeed.
- When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.
- It is not, what a lawyer tells me I may do; but what humanity, reason, and justice, tell me I ought to do.
- He that wrestles with us strengthens our nerves and sharpens our skill. Our antagonist is our helper.
- The greater the power, the more dangerous the abuse..__ Edmund Burke Quotes
- Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods.
- Reading without reflecting is like eating without digesting.
- Never apologize for showing feeling. When you do so, you apologize for the truth.
- Liberty does not exist in the absence of morality..__ Edmund Burke Quotes
- There is no safety for honest men except by believing all possible evil of evil men.
- Among a people generally corrupt, liberty cannot long exist.
- Whenever a separation is made between liberty and justice, neither, in my opinion, is safe.
- We set ourselves to bite the hand that feeds us..__ Edmund Burke Quotes
- Flattery corrupts both the receiver and the giver, and adulation is not of more service to the people than to kings.
- It is generally, in the season of prosperity that men discover their real temper, principles and design.
And with this, we come to the end of collection. It was great to have you till here.
So, which quote did you like the most in our compilation of 25 Edmund Burke Quotes.
Which ever you like, make sure to share them with your friends on social media. After all, sharing is the best caring! Thank you very much!
- Quotes by Toni Morrison [16 Quotes That Will Authorize Your Future]
- Quotes of Sigmund Freud [20 Best Ideas can transform your life]
- Elizabeth Gilbert Quotes [25 Quotes Inspire You to Live GREATEST Life]
- Quotes of Michael Phelps [23 Quotes to Get You Fired Up]
- Quotes by Joan Didion [22 Quotes On Self Respect & Love]
- Quotes by RuPaul [20 RuPaul Quotes on Self Confidence & Success]
- Quotes from Brene Brown [25 Quotes On Courage, Shame & Vulnerability]
- Quotes by Tyrion Lannister [ 25 Quotes on Wisdom from the Books & TV]
- Quotes by Nathaniel Hawthorne [25 Quotes About Nature, Love & life]
- Quotes by Herman Melville [20 Quotes On Love, Life & Death]