Looking For The Best Quotes Of Edmund Burke? Following is a list of some of his famous quotes collected from a vast sea of his works. Check it out!
Edmund Burke was a member of the British Parliament with the Liberal Party of the “Whig”, from 1774 to 1794. During his tenure, Burke became interested and wrote on the subjects of England at the time: constitutional limitations on the power of the crown , taxation, the revolution of the American colonies, the problems of Ireland and India and the French Revolution – which he strongly opposed from the beginning.
- “Those who don’t know history are destined to repeat it.” — Edmund Burke
- “History is a pact between the dead, the living, and the yet unborn.”– Edmund Burke Quotes
- “Ambition can creep as well as soar.” — Edmund Burke
- “You can never plan the future by the past.” — Edmund Burke
- “Among a people generally corrupt liberty cannot long exist.” — Edmund Burke
- “We must all obey the great law of change. It is the most powerful law of nature.” — Edmund Burke
- “All men that are ruined, are ruined on the side of their natural propensities.” — Burke Quotes
- “Beauty is the promise of happiness.” — Edmund Burke
- No power so effectually robs the mind of all its powers of acting and reasoning as fear.
- Rudeness is the weak man’s imitation of strength.
- If we command our wealth, we shall be rich and free. If our wealth commands us, we are poor indeed.
- He that wrestles with us strengthens our nerves and sharpens our skill. Our antagonist is our helper.__ Edmund Burke Sublime Quotes
- When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.
- It is not, what a lawyer tells me I may do; but what humanity, reason, and justice, tell me I ought to do.
- The greater the power, the more dangerous the abuse..
- Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods.
- Never apologize for showing feeling. When you do so, you apologize for the truth.__ Edmund Burke Famous Quotes
- Reading without reflecting is like eating without digesting.
- Liberty does not exist in the absence of morality.
- There is no safety for honest men except by believing all possible evil of evil men.
- Among a people generally corrupt, liberty cannot long exist.
- Whenever a separation is made between liberty and justice, neither, in my opinion, is safe.__ Sir Edmund Burke Quotes
- We set ourselves to bite the hand that feeds us..
- Flattery corrupts both the receiver and the giver, and adulation is not of more service to the people than to kings.
- It is generally, in the season of prosperity that men discover their real temper, principles and design.
And with this, we come to the end of collection. It was great to have you till here.
So, which quote did you like the most in our compilation of 25 Edmund Burke quotes.
Which ever you like, make sure to share them with your friends on social media. After all, sharing is the best caring! Thank you very much!
Source: Edmund Burke quotes/mundifrases
- Quotes by Toni Morrison [16 Quotes That Will Authorize Your Future]
- Quotes of Sigmund Freud [20 Best Ideas can transform your life]
- Elizabeth Gilbert Quotes [25 Quotes Inspire You to Live GREATEST Life]
- Quotes of Michael Phelps [23 Quotes to Get You Fired Up]
- Quotes by Joan Didion [22 Quotes On Self Respect & Love]
- Quotes by RuPaul [20 RuPaul Quotes on Self Confidence & Success]
- Quotes from Brene Brown [25 Quotes On Courage, Shame & Vulnerability]
- Quotes by Tyrion Lannister [ 25 Quotes on Wisdom from the Books & TV]
- Quotes by Nathaniel Hawthorne [25 Quotes About Nature, Love & life]
- Quotes by Herman Melville [20 Quotes On Love, Life & Death]