Looking For The Best Quotes Of Elizabeth Gilbert? (Born July 18, 1969), Elizabeth M. Gilbert is an American author. She is best known for her 2006 memoir: Eat, Pray, Love, as of December 2010 had spent 199 weeks on the New York Times bestseller list, and was also made into a film of the same name in 2010.
Bellow is the best collection of inspiring quotes from Elizabeth Gilbert that will bring out the hidden treasures inside you. Check it out!
- “There’s a crack (or cracks) in everyone…that’s how the light of God gets in.”― Elizabeth Gilbert
- You are, after all, what you think. Your emotions are the slaves to your thoughts, and you are the slave to your emotions.
- This is a good sign, having a broken heart. It means we have tried for something.__ Elizabeth Gilbert Quotes
- You need to learn how to select your thoughts just the same way you select your clothes every day. This is a power you can cultivate. If you want to control things in your life so bad, work on the mind. That’s the only thing you should be trying to control.
- To lose balance sometimes for love is part of living a balanced
- I’m choosing happiness over suffering, I know I am. I’m making space for the unknown future to fill up my life with yet-to-come surprises.
- I met an old lady once, almost a hundred years old, and she told me, ‘There are only two questions that human beings have ever fought over, all through history. How much do you love me? And Who’s in charge?
- I want God to play in my bloodstream the way sunlight amuses itself on the water.__ Elizabeth Gilbert Quotes
- You’re wishin’ too much, baby. You gotta stop wearing your wishbone where your backbone oughtta be.
- Happiness is the consequence of personal effort. You fight for it, strive for it, insist upon it, and sometimes even travel around the world looking for it.
- You have to participate relentlessly in the manifestations of your own blessings. And once you have achieved a state of happiness, you must never become lax about maintaining it. You must make a mighty effort to keep swimming upward into that happiness forever, to stay afloat on top of it.
- The Bhagavad Gita–that ancient Indian Yogic text–says that it is better to live your own destiny imperfectly than to live an imitation of somebody else’s life with perfection.
- Do not apologize for crying. Without this emotion, we are only robots.__ Elizabeth Gilbert Quotes
- We search for happiness everywhere, but we are like Tolstoy’s fabled beggar who spent his life sitting on a pot of gold, under him the whole time. Your treasure–your perfection–is within you already. But to claim it, you must leave the buy commotion of the mind and abandon the desires of the ego and enter into the silence of the heart.
- I am a better person when I have less on my plate.
- We don’t realize that, somewhere within us all, there does exist a supreme self who is eternally at peace.
- When the karma of a relationship is done, only love remains. It’s safe. Let go.
- Prayer is a relationship; half the job is mine. If I want transformation, but can’t even be bothered to articulate what, exactly, I’m aiming for, how will it ever occur?
- Ruin is a gift. Ruin is the road to transformation.__ Elizabeth Gilbert Quotes
- That’s the thing about a human life-there’s no control group, no way to ever know how any of us would have turned out if any variables had been changed.
- But never again use another person’s body or emotions as a scratching post for your own unfulfilling yearnings.
- God never slams a door in your face without opening a box of Girl Scout cookies.
- Destiny, I feel, is also a relationship – a play between divine grace and willful self-effort.
- If you haven’t yet had the chance to read the book, you can get your copy of Eat, Pray, Love here.
Okay, that’s a lot of Elizabeth Gilbert Quotes! If you haven’t, let make sure to bookmark this quotes now and go back to the page, and try create a better habit every time when you need an inspiration or motivation.
One other thing: did you notice some recurring topics throughout these 25 Elizabeth Gilbert Quotes? So what are the most outstanding quotes for you? Comment below!
- Quotes from Rosa Parks [14 Quotes About How to Persist for Success]
- Quotes by Bob Dylan [19 Tips to Help Setting Your Own Manner]
- Quotes by Henry Ford [25 Quotes For Leadership & Customer Experience]
- Quotes from Lucille Ball [20 Quotes to Make You Feel Courageous]
- Quotes from Leonard Cohen [22 Quotes That You Need Right Now]
- Quotes by Elie Wiesel [20 Tips to Help Bring Back Faith in Humanity]
- Quotes by Pope John Paul II [25 Tips About Fighting for What You Believe]
- Quotes by Gordon Ramsay [15 Tips to Help You Do at Your Best]
- Quotes by Toni Morrison [16 Quotes That Will Authorize Your Future]
- Quotes of Sigmund Freud [20 Best Ideas can transform your life]