George R.R. Martin Quotes _Here are 25 George R.R. Martin quotes that show fantasy and reality sometimes overlap.
- A mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone, if it is to keep its edge.
- Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armor yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.
- Only a fool humbles himself when the world is so full of men eager to do the job for him.
- Opening your eyes is all that is needing. The heart lies and the head plays tricks with us, but the eyes see true.
- Some old wounds never truly heal, and bleed again at the slightest word.
- Every man who walks the earth casts a shadow on the world.
- We look up at the same stars, and see such different things.
- Never fear the darkness… The strongest trees are rooted in the dark places of the earth. Darkness will be your cloak, your shield, your mother’s milk. Darkness will make you strong.
- A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.
- Laughter is poison to fear.
- Words are like arrows. Once loose, you cannot call them back.
- The best fantasy is written in the language of dreams. It is alive as dreams are alive, more real than real.
- Bran thought about it. ‘Can a man still be brave if he’s afraid?’‘That is the only time a man can be brave,’ his father told him.
- Every man should lose a battle in his youth, so he does not lose a war when he is old.
- When you tear out a man’s tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you’re only telling the world that you fear what he might say.
- In real life, the hardest aspect of the battle between good and evil is determining which is which.
- Every flight begins with a fall.
- You’re mine as I’m yours. And if we die, we die. But first we’ll live.
- We all need to be mocked from time to time, lest we take ourselves too seriously.
- A good act does not wash out the bad, nor a bad act the good. Each should have its own reward.
- A man must know how to look before he can hope to see.
- People often claim to hunger for truth, but seldom like the taste when it’s served up.
- Nobody is a villain in their own story. We’re all the heroes of our own stories.
- My smile is my servant, he should come at my command.
- The man who fears losing has already lost.
Thank you for spending time to read our collection of 25 George R.R. Martin Quotes. And we hope these quotes brought you great inspiration and motivation in everyday life.
Which one is your favorite quote? _let us know in the comments below.