Looking for quotes of J. D. Salinger? Below you will find out the best collection of Salinger quotes that surely will impress and inspire you.Check it out!
Jerome David Salinger is an American writer known primarily for his novel The Catcher in the Rye, which became a classic of modern American literature almost from the moment of its publication in 1951.
His writing style is unique, as he incorporates introspective monologues, letters, and extended phone calls, dialogues in his works to establish a connection between his characters and readers.
- I am always saying “Glad to meet you” to somebody I am not at all glad to met. If you want to stay alive, you have to say that stufff, though.― J.D. Salinger
- “Make sure you marry someone who laughs at the same things you do.” — Jd Salinger Quotes
- “I’m sick of just liking people. I wish to God I could meet somebody I could respect.” — J. D. Salinger
- “Its really hard to be roommates with people if your suitcases are much better than theirs.” — J. D. Salinger
- “I don’t even know what I was running for—I guess I just felt like it.”– J. D. Salinger
- “Know your true measurements and dress your mind accordingly” — J. D. Salinger
- “The more expensive a school is, the more crooks it has — I’m not kidding.” — Salinger Quotes
- “I’m sick of not having the courage to be an absolute nobody.” — J. D. Salinger
- “The worst thing that being an artist could do to you would be that it would make you slightly unhappy constantly.” — J. D. Salinger
- “when you’re not looking, somebody’ll sneak up and write “Fuck you” right under your nose.”― J.D. Salinger
- It’s funny. All you have to do is say something nobody understands and they’ll do practically anything you want them to.”― J.D. Salinger,
- If a girl looks swell when she meets you, who gives a damn if she’s late?__ Jd Salinger Love Quotes
- She wasn’t doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together.
- If you do something too good, then, after a while, if you don’t watch it, you start showing off. And then you’re not as good anymore.
- It’s funny. All you have to do is say something nobody understands and they’ll do practically anything you want them to.
- The fact is always obvious much too late, but the most singular difference between happiness and joy is that happiness is a solid and joy a liquid.
- I’m a kind of paranoiac in reverse. I suspect people of plotting to make me happy.__ Best Jd Salinger Quotes
- Who wants flowers when you’re dead? Nobody.
- I’m just sick of ego, ego, ego. My own and everybody else’s.
- I don’t know what good it is to know so much and be smart as whips and all if it doesn’t make you happy.
- People always clap for the wrong reasons.
- I’m sick of just liking people. I wish to God I could meet somebody I could respect.__ Jerome David Salinger Quotes
- The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.
- Certain things, they should stay the way they are. You ought to be able to stick them in one of those big glass cases and just leave them alone.
- I have scars on my hands from touching certain people… Certain heads, certain colors and textures of human hair leave permanent marks on me.
Thank you for spending time to read our collection of 25 J D Salinger quotes. And we hope these quotes brought you great inspiration and motivation in everyday life.
Which one is your favorite quote? _let us know in the comments below.
Source: Phrases by J. D. Salinger.citas
- Joe Rogan Quotes [18 Quotes On Life, Love & Happiness]
- Quotes by Selena Gomez [19 Quotes About Love, Life & Happiness]
- Quotes by Napoleon Bonaparte [16 Quotes On Ambition & Success]
- Quotes by Sylvester Stallone [Top 17 Quotes For Inspiration]
- Quotes by Rihanna [20 Quotes On Relationships, Education & Success]
- Quotes by Franz Kafka [15 Quotes On Writing, Love & Life]
- Quotes by Betty White [17 Quotes On Age, Life & Love]
- Quotes by Robin Williams [20 Quotes From Movies, Funny & Love]
- Quotes by Robert Downey Jr [18 Quotes About Life, Love & Success]
- Matthew McConaughey Quotes [Top 16 Quotes From Movies]