Looking For The Best Quotes Of Johann Wolfgang von Goethe? (August 28, 1749 – March 22, 1832), Johann Wolfgang von Goethe is a German poet, playwright, novelist and scientist. He is considered to be one of the greatest literary figures of his time. Often referred to as Shakespeare Cheater, Goethe is famous at the age of 25 after the release of the novel The Sadness of a young man. It is said that the novel has such an influence on sensitive men, that it has made suicide a fad.
But Faust is still Goethe’s masterpiece. He started a two-part drama about 23 years old and completed it just a few months before he died. The legend of the wise man selling his soul to the Devil for infinite knowledge and worldly pleasures has been the basis for many other works of art.
Here are 25 Johann Wolfgang von Goethe quotes that will change the way you see yourself and others. Enjoy!
- A man sees in the world what he carries in his heart.
- You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.
- Daring ideas are like chessmen moved forward. They may be beaten, but they may start a winning game.
- Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.__ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe Quotes
- One ought, every day at least, to hear a little song, read a good poem, see a fine picture, and, if it were possible, to speak a few reasonable words.
- A person hears only what they understand.
- I have come to the frightening conclusion that I am the decisive element. It is my personal approach that creates the climate. It is my daily mood that makes the weather…
- Courage is the commitment to begin without any guarantee of success.
- In the realm of ideas everything depends on enthusiasm… in the real world all rests on perseverance.
- As soon as you trust yourself, you will know how to live.__ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe Quotes
- To think is easy. To act is hard. But the hardest thing in the world is to act in accordance with your thinking.
- We do not have to visit a madhouse to find disordered minds; our planet is the mental institution of the universe.
- Instruction does much, but encouragement everything.
- If you treat an individual as he is, he will remain how he is. But if you treat him as if he were what he ought to be and could be, he will become what he ought to be and could be.
- There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.
- By seeking and blundering we learn.__ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe Quotes
- Magic is believing in yourself, if you can do that, you can make anything happen.
- Life belongs to the living, and he who lives must be prepared for changes.
- Nothing is worth more than this day. You cannot relive yesterday. Tomorrow is still beyond your reach.
- Behavior is the mirror in which everyone shows their image.
- Love does not dominate; it cultivates.
- We must always change, renew, rejuvenate ourselves; otherwise, we harden.
- Kindness is the golden chain by which society is bound together.
- Dream no small dreams for they have no power to move the hearts of men.
- Everything is hard before it is easy.
Thank you for spending time to read our collection of 25 Johann Wolfgang von Goethe Quotes. And we hope these quotes brought you great inspiration and motivation in everyday life.
Which one is your favorite quote? _let us know in the comments below.
- Quotes by Tyrion Lannister [ 25 Quotes on Wisdom from the Books & TV]
- Quotes by Nathaniel Hawthorne [25 Quotes About Nature, Love & life]
- Quotes by Herman Melville [20 Quotes On Love, Life & Death]
- Edmund Burke Quotes [22 Quotes On Democracy & Human Nature]
- George R.R. Martin Quotes [25 Quotes On Books, Writing & Fantasy]
- Louisa May Alcott Quotes [20 Quotes About Love, Life & Beauty]
- Quotes by Henry Miller [25 Quotes About Love, Life & Beauty]
- Quotes by Tina Fey [22 Quotes About Life, Love & Beauty]
- Quotes by Tony Stark [Top 21 Quotes Funny W. Pictures]
- Quotes by Anthony Hopkins [21 Quotes On Life, Love & Happiness]