Looking For The Best Philosophy Quotes? Over the centuries, great philosophers like Aristotle or Socrates have left great quotes and phrases in history. although these phrases are from other times, but still inspire us. Thanks to their great message.
Philosophical phrases are thoughts that make us reflect and allow us to delve deeper into our being and our inner life. They make us question our values and our beliefs and remind us of the path we must follow to be happy.
In this article, we have compiled the best phrases from the most famous philosophers in history, they will allow you to reflect on different topics: happiness, freedom, love, life, … So don’t miss them and apply them to your life!
RELATED: 70 Famous Quotes To Change The World
- The most difficult thing is to know ourselves; the easiest is to speak ill of others (Tales of Miletus)
- I can’t teach anyone anything. I can only make you think (Socrates, Philosophy Quotes)
- We do not judge the people we love (Jean-Paul Sartre)
- Immature love says, “I love you because I need you.” The mature man says: “I need you because I love you” (Erich Fromm)
- The worst fight is the one that is not fought (Karl Marx)
- Poverty does not come from the diminution of wealth, but from the multiplication of desires (Plato)
- Demand a lot from yourself and expect little from others. This will save you troubles (Confucius, Life Philosophy Quotes)
- I would never die for my beliefs because I could be wrong (Bertrand Russell)
- The more I know people, the more I love my dog (Diogenes the Cynic)
- Follow the least, and not the common (Petrarch)
- Philosophy is a fight against the bewitching of our intelligence through the use of language (Ludwig Wittgenstein)
- Your natural forces, those that are within you, will be the ones that will cure your illnesses (Hippocrates, Philosophy Famous Quotes On Life)
- Where quiet and meditation reign, there is no place for worry or dissipation (Francisco de Asís)
- There is no revolutionary theory without revolutionary practice (Lenin)
- Creativity, imagination and intuition, more than the base of the middle game, are indispensable, as well as the firm character; triumph comes only through fighting (Gari Kaspárov)
- Think like a man of action, act like a man of thought (Henri-Louis Berson)
- The roots of education are bitter, but its fruits are sweet (Aristotle, Famous Philosophy Quotes)
- The map is not the territory (Alfred Korzybski)
- Life is very simple, but we insist on making it complicated (Confucius)
- The obstacle is the way (Zen proverb)
- There are those who consider themselves perfect, but it is only because they demand less of themselves (Hermann Hesse)
- It is not machines that drive and drag the world, but ideas (Victor Hugo,Best Philosophy Quotes)
- Religion is great at keeping ordinary people quiet (Frank Zappa)
- It is important to teach to study on your own, to search on your own, to be amazed (Mario Bunge)
- Those who believe that money does everything end up doing everything for money (Voltaire)
- Happiness does not spring from reason but from imagination (Immanuel Kant)
- Only through education can man become a man. Man is nothing but what education makes of him (Immanuel Kant,Teaching Philosophy Quote)
- Justice has been invented by man; but what is just is born with man (Dario Lemos)
- The greatest gift you can give to others is the example of your own life (Bertolt Brecht)
- Time gives everything and takes everything away; everything changes but nothing perishes (Giordano Bruno)
- You must have confidence in yourself and that confidence must be based on reality (Bobby Fischer)
- I do not believe in death because one is not present to know that, in fact, it has happened (Andy Warhol,Philosophical Quotes About Love)
- Religion is something that a full-fledged man should not have. It is like that of the Three Kings: for children (Javier Krahe)
- “We do not know what happens to us and that is precisely what happens to us.” Ortega y Gasset.
- “He who dominates others is strong; he who dominates himself is powerful.” Lao Tse.
Okay, that’s a lot of quotes on philosophy! If you haven’t, let make sure to bookmark this quotes now and go back to the page, and try create a better habit every time when you need an inspiration or motivation.
One other thing: did you notice some recurring topics throughout these 35 philosophy quotes? So what are the most outstanding quotes for you? Comment below!
- 35+ Erotic And Sexual Quotes That Will Make Your Imagination Fly
- 30 Mark Cuban Quotes About Succeeding In Business & In Life
- 25 Phrases Against Drugs And Alcohol (Youth & Adults)
- 35 Funny Dirty Quotes For Selected People Only
- 25 Jonathan Swift Quotes On Humour & Satire
- 25 Jim Rohn Quotes On Goals & Leadership
- 45 Johnny Depp Quotes That Will Transform Your Life
- 25 George Washington Quotes On Freedom, God & Government
- 25 April Fools Day Quotes To Start The Day Just Right
- 25 Margaret Mead Positive Words of Encouragement