Quotes About Sisters _There are sisters by blood and then there are soul sisters. We’ve wrapped up this list of sisters quotes to help you celebrate sisterhood in all its meanings.
Having a sister is a blessing, even if they sometimes drive you crazy. Growing up, they might get into your business or rat you out to your parents. You’ll have the same fight over and over again, but you’ll forgive them every time – that’s what sisters do.
I don’t have a sister myself, but I’ve met some that have an unbreakable bond. One minute they would scream at each other for no reason, and the next they would become fierce allies if someone messed with them. That’s how sisterhood works — you have each other’s backs first and foremost, and you don’t let small things ruin your relationship.
Sisters seek each other for guidance, they share secrets and look out for one another. A sister inspires and motivates you. She can become your role model or your biggest fan. Either way, she believes in you.
Shout out to all the sisters out there, by blood or by heart!
Here are 20 quotes about sisters to celebrate your extraordinary bond
- A sister is both your mirror – and your opposite __Elizabeth Fishel
- A sister is probably the most competitive relationship within the family, but once the sisters are grown, it becomes the strongest relationship.__Margaret Mead
- When sisters stand shoulder to shoulder, who stands a chance against us?__Pam Brown
- A sister can be seen as someone who is both ourselves and very much not ourselves – a special kind of double.__Toni Morrison
- ‘Help one another’ is part of the religion of sisterhood.__Louisa May Alcott
- Being a sister isn’t about gender or DNA. It’s about unselfconscious love.__K.Flay
- It was nice to be in such close physical proximity, even though they hadn’t spoken in months, and only via cursory birthday cards and the like. In the end, it didn’t matter. Sisters were sisters.__Emma Straub
- The only person I’d run through an airport for is you.__Phoebe Waller-Bridge
- Sisters are different flowers from the same garden.__Unknown
- The best thing about having a sister was that I always had a friend.__Cali Rae Turner
- If you have a brother or sister, tell them you love them every day – that’s the most beautiful thing. I told my sister how much I loved her every day. That’s the only reason I’m OK right now.__Amaury Nolasco
- A sister is someone who owns part of what you own: a house, perhaps, or a less tangible legacy, like memories of your childhood and the experience of your family.__Deborah Tannen
- Sisters may drive you crazy, get into your stuff and irritate you. However, if anyone else dares say so, a sister will defend you to the death.__Unknown
- A sister is a gift to the heart, a friend to the spirit, a golden thread to the meaning of life.__Isadora James
- More than Santa Claus, your sister knows when you’ve been bad and good.__Linda Sunshine
- I’m very proud of my sister and protective of her. [She] is the one person I will fight for. Don’t talk about my sister; don’t play with me about my sister. If you do, you’ll see another side of me.”__ Beyonce
- Sisters are for sharing laughter and wiping tears.__Unknown
- You may be as different as the sun and the moon, but the same blood flows through both your hearts. You need her, as she needs you.__George R.R. Martin
- In thee, my soul shall own combined the sister and the friend.__Catherine Killigrew
- What’s the good of news if you haven’t a sister to share it?__James DeVries
As you read these 20 Quotes About Sisters, realize that they can be a sources of guidance during the times you need and can motivate you when you have a problem.
Neither success nor failure is finite. That’s the motivation you choose to make the biggest difference.