Looking For The Best Quotes Of Buddha? Siddhattha Gotama (563/480 – 483/400 BCE), also known as Gautama Buddha, was a spiritual teacher who lived in India in between the sixth and fourth century BC. His doctrine eventually became what is known as Buddhism, and tended to be against most of what we teach in the West.
After many years of deep meditation, he realized that attachment and desire lead to unhappiness. He believes that enlightenment, or Nirvana, is achieved when the mind of a compassionate person has no attachments and focuses on the present moment. Buddha has devoted his life to teaching others how to be free from suffering and to live a life of compassion, fearlessness, and joy.
Here, we picked out the most inspiring quotes of Buddha that will help you live a life more peaceful and meaningful. Check it out!
- Meditation brings wisdom; lack of meditation leaves ignorance.
- “A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker.
- A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker.”__ Buddha
- “There has to be evil so that good can prove its purity above it.”__ Buddha
- “Every morning we are born again. What we do today is what matters most.”__ Buddha
- “Every person is the cause of his or her own disease or health.”__ Buddha
- “If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading.”__ Buddha
- “If you light a lamp for someone else it will also brighten your path.”__ Buddha
- “Happiness comes when your work and words are of benefit to others.”__ Buddha
- “As rain falls equally on the just and the unjust, do not burden your heart with judgements but rain your kindness equally on all.”__ Buddha
- “Doubt everything. Find your own light.”__ Buddha
- “If we fail to look after others when they need help, who will look after us?”__ Buddha
- “In the confrontation between the stream and the rock, the stream always wins – not through strength, but through persistence.”__ Buddha
- “Set your heart on doing good. Do it over and over again, and you will be filled with joy.”__ Buddha
- “Three things can not hide for long: the Moon, the Sun and the Truth.”__ Buddha
- Better than a thousand hollow words, is one word that brings peace.
- People with opinions just go around bothering each other.__ Quotes by Buddha
- If you knew what I know about the power of giving, you would not let a single meal pass without sharing it in some way.
- Nothing can harm you as much as your own thoughts unguarded.
- By liberation of the self through love, we will develop love, we will practice it, we will make it both a way and a basis.
- Drop by drop is the water pot filled. Likewise, the wise man, gathering it little by little, fills himself with good.
- If anything is worth doing, do it with all your heart.__ Quotes by Buddha
- It is easy to see the faults of others, but difficult to see one’s own faults.
- Three things cannot hide for long: the Moon, the Sun and the Truth.
- Conquer the angry one by not getting angry; conquer the wicked by goodness; conquer the stingy by generosity, and the liar by speaking the truth.
- Do not look for a sanctuary in anyone except yourself.__ Quotes by Buddha
- If one speaks or acts with a pure mind, happiness follows him like a shadow that never leaves him.
- The foolish and the ignorant give themselves over to negligence; whereas the wise treasure mindfulness as a precious jewel.
- As a mountain of rock is unshaken by wind, so also, the wise are unperturbed by blame or by praise.
- Health is the greatest gift, contentment is the greatest wealth.__ Quotes by Buddha
- Better than a hundred years in the life of a person who is idle and inactive, is a day in the life of one who makes a zealous and strenuous effort.
- Hatred does not cease by hatred, but only by love; this is the eternal rule.
- That deed is not well done, if one has to repent for having done it, and if, with a tearful face, one has to weep as a result of that deed.
- If you don’t tend to one another, who then will tend to you?__ Quotes by Buddha
- It is a man’s own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
We hope you did enjoyed our collection of quotes by Buddha! Do you like this article? Please share it with your friends. Thank you!
- Quotes by Carl Jung [15 Quotes about Psychology, Sex & Women]
- Quotes by George Orwell [22 Quotes On Power & Politics]
- Quotes from Dale Carnegie [Top 25 Quotes On Success]
- Quotes from Alan Watts [25 Quotes on Love & Success]
- Quotes Of Susan B Anthony [16 Quotes on Equality, Liberty & More]
- Quotes From Kahlil Gibran [26 Quotes About Life And Inner Peace]
- Quotes by Confucius [23 Words of Wisdom]
- Quotes by Voltaire [20 Quotes about Life, Love & Religion]
- Quotes from Marcus Aurelius [20 Quotes About Integrity & Philosophy]
- Quotes by Margaret Thatcher [15 Quotes on Leadership & Willpower]