Looking For The Best Quotes Of C.S Lewis? Born on November 29, 1898 in Belfast, Ireland, Clive Staples Lewis is a professor of English language and literature at the University of Oxford. He became a renowned writer, using logic and philosophy to defend the principles of his Christian faith. He is known throghout the world for being the author of the fantastic literature series “The Chronicles of Narnia” – consisting of seven books – which was later adapted into various films for both big and small screen.
Here, we compiled the list of 25 quotes from C. S. Lewis to remind you some things about kindness and honesty. Check it out!
- Life is too deep for words, so don’t try to describe it, just live it.
- “I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.” — Cs Lewis Quotes
- “Has this world been so kind to you that you should leave with regret? There are better things ahead than any we leave behind.” — C. S. Lewis
- “I must keep alive in myself the desire for my true country, which I shall not find till after death.” — C. S. Lewis
- “The fact that our heart yearns for something Earth can’t supply is proof that Heaven must be our home.” — C. S. Lewis
- “You don’t have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.” — C. S. Lewis
- “When we lose one blessing, another is often most unexpectedly given in its place.” — Cs Lewis Quotes On Love
- “Joy is the serious business of heaven.” — C. S. Lewis
- “It is when we notice the dirt that God is most present in us; it is the very sign of His presence.”
- “It is funny how mortals always picture us as putting things into their minds: in reality our best work is done by keeping things out.”
- A proud man is always looking down on things and people; and, of course, as long as you are looking down, you cannot see something that is above you.
- “If a man thinks he is not conceited, he is very conceited indeed.”__ Cs Lewis Mere Christianity Quotes
- If we find ourselves with a desire that nothing in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that we were made for another world.
- Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.
- Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn.
- Crying is all right in its way while it lasts. But you have to stop sooner or later, and then you still have to decide what to do.
- Friendship is born at the moment when one man says to another ‘What! You too? I thought I was the only one.__ Cs Lewis Friendship Quotes
- Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person’s ultimate good as far as it can be obtained.
- I have learned now that while those who speak about one’s miseries usually hurt, those who keep silence hurt more.
- You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.__ Quotes By C.S Lewis
- What you see and what you hear depends a great deal on where you are standing. It also depends on what sort of person you are.
- Mental pain is less dramatic than physical pain, but it is more common and also harder to bear.__ Cs Lewis Quotes On Life
- Miracles are a retelling in small letters of the very same story which is written across the whole world in letters too large for some of us to see.
- You never know how much you really believe anything until its truth or falsehood becomes a matter of life and death to you.
- Nothing you have not given away will ever really be yours.
Thank you for spending time to read our collection of 25 quotes from C.S Lewis. And we hope these quotes brought you great inspiration and motivation in everyday life.
Which one is your favorite quote? _let us know in the comments below.
- Quotes by Confucius [23 Words of Wisdom]
- Quotes by Voltaire [20 Quotes about Life, Love & Religion]
- Quotes from Marcus Aurelius [20 Quotes About Integrity & Philosophy]
- Quotes by Margaret Thatcher [15 Quotes on Leadership & Willpower]
- Quotes By Buddha [22 Quotes on Meditation, Spirituality & Happiness]
- Margaret Mead quotes [11 Positive Words of Encouragement]
- Quotes By Mark Twain That Will Help You See Life In Different Way
- Quotes by Kurt Cobain [12 Tips About Life, Depression & Love]
- Quotes of Edgar Allan Poe [19 Words Of A Literary Genius]
- Quotes of Tupac [38 Quotes about Life, Love & Friends]