Looking For The Best Quotes Of Charles Dickens? Following are 68 Dickens quotes to help you remain kind hearted no matter how hard life treats you. Check it out!
Charles Dickens, English writer and critic of Victorian society, famous for his short stories and novels. His works include the novels Oliver Twist, David Copperfield and Great Expectations and the story A Christmas Carol.
If Anglo-Saxon culture can boast of anything, it is its literature. And not surprisingly, aside from Shakespeare, everyone has heard of Charles.
Charles Dickens (1812-1870) wrote 15 novels, 5 short novels, and hundreds of short stories and newspaper articles.
His style exudes picaresque, linguistic creativity and satire, qualities with which he lashed out and caricatured Victorian society. Proof of this ingenuity are the following famous quotes, for which Charles Dickens has gone down in history as one of the best writers of British prose.
RELATED: 70 Famous Quotes To Change The World
- The most important thing in life is to stop saying “I wish” and start saying “I will.” Don’t consider anything impossible, then treat possibilities as probabilities.
- Have a heart that never hardens and a temper that never tires, and a touch that never hurts. (Charles Dickens Quotes)
- The ocean asks for nothing, but those next to it gradually tune into its rhythm.
- A man is lucky if he is a woman’s first love. A woman is lucky if it is the last love of a man.
- There was a time, long and hard, when I tried to forget what I had wasted and when I was too ignorant to see its value.
- No repentance can make up for missed opportunities in life.
- There are strings in the human heart that are better than ever to vibrate.
- No varnish can hide the wood grain, and the more varnish is applied, the more noticeable they will be.
- Each child that comes into the world is more beautiful than the last.
- Concentrate on all the good that happens to you, that happens to all of us a lot; and not in the misfortunes, that happens to all of us.
- Death can beget life, but oppression only begets more oppression.
- There is a wisdom of the head and a wisdom of the heart.(Pip Great Expectations Quotes)
- Do not leave for tomorrow what you can do today. Procrastination is the thief of time.
- There are dark shadows on the ground, but their lights are stronger when there is contrast.
- Because an orphan in the wide world cannot be as abandoned as the child who is an outcast of the love of a living father.
- There is something in the disease that breaks the pride of manhood.
- Things that never happened sometimes have consequences as real as those that were achieved.
- There are books whose cover and back cover are by far the best parts.
- I already know enough about the world that I have lost the ability to be very surprised by something.
- The worst of all listeners is the man who does nothing but listen.
- I am what you designed me to be. I am your sword. Now you cannot complain if you also feel pain.
- Spring is the time of year when it is summer in the sun and winter in the shade. (Estella Great Expectations Quotes)
- If there were no bad people, there would be no good lawyers.
- The courtesy that buys money rarely extends to those who don’t have it.
- There is nothing as strong or secure during a crisis in life as the truth.
- One should never be ashamed to cry. Tears are rain on the dust of the earth.
- New thoughts and hopes were spinning in my mind, and all the colors of my life were changing.
- A wonderful fact to ponder is that every human creature is conceived to be an undecipherable mystery to any other.
- When a man looks well dressed, he is in good spirits and in a good mood.
- Hiding something from those to whom I am attached is not in my nature. I can never close my lips where I have opened my heart.
- What an immense impression Paris made on me. It is the most extraordinary place in the world!
- Man feels lucky if it is a woman’s first love. A woman feels lucky if it is a man’s last love. (Charles Dickens Famous Quotes)
- Whether I happen to be the hero of my own life or someone else is, these pages will tell.
- I must be understood as I am. Neither success nor failure is mine, but they both make me what I am.
- No one who knows how to read looks at a book in the same way as someone who does not know, even if it is closed and on a shelf.
- I think so much about people with a good and sensitive heart, that I would protect everyone from being hurt.
- I’ve been bent and broken, but – I hope – in a better way.
- Happiness is a gift that we should not expect, but one that we should enjoy when it arrives.
- Do everything you can and make as little fuss as possible.
- Gold blinds man more, destroys his values more, and numbs his feelings more than coal smoke.
- Never close your lips to those to whom you have already opened your heart.
- Consistency in love is a good thing; but it means nothing, and it is nothing, without constancy in all kinds of effort. (Dickens Christmas Quotes)
- No man who is not chivalrous in his heart is chivalrous in his ways.
- There is nothing in the world that is as irresistibly contagious as laughter and good humor.
- Every traveler has a home, a home that learns to love more during their travels.
- Never trust appearance, but evidence. There is no better rule.
- I will live in the past, the present and the future. The spirits of the three will fight within me.
- A day wasted on others is not wasted on oneself.
- Contain your appetites, my friends, and you will have conquered human nature.
- There is a prodigious force in sadness and hopelessness.
- Industry is the soul of business and the key to prosperity.
- It is an old prerogative of kings to rule everything but their passions. (Dickens Quotes)
- You appear in all the lines that I have read in my life.
- I hope that true love and truth are finally stronger than any evil or misfortune in the world.
- When a man bleeds inside, it is dangerous for him, but when he laughs inside, it is an omen of some evil for others.
- There are days in this life when life is worth and death is worth.
- The world belongs to those who set out to conquer it with self-confidence and good humor.
- Regrets are the natural property of those who comb gray hair.
- Women can always say things in fewer words, except when they are furious. Then they expand.
- Liberty, equality, fraternity or death. The last one is the easiest to grant.
- Indented tools can be used where other tools do not work.
- The pain of separation is incomparable to the joy of reunion.(Charles Dickens Love Quotes)
- Throughout life, our worst weaknesses and pettiness are often at the service of the people we hate the most.
- The mind, like the body, can deteriorate if exposed to excess comfort.
- We all have wonders hidden in our chests, we only need certain circumstances to evoke them.
- The family is not only those people with whom we share blood, but also those for whom we would spill our blood.
- Think! I have enough to do, and how little can I get without thinking.
- Moths and all sorts of ugly creatures hover over a burning candle. Can the candle help you?
Okay, that’s a lot of quotes from Charles Dickens! If you haven’t, let make sure to bookmark this quotes now and go back to the page, and try create a better habit every time when you need an inspiration or motivation.
One other thing: did you notice some recurring topics throughout these 68 quotes of Charles Dickens? So what are the most outstanding quotes for you? Comment below!
Source: 100 cụm từ hay nhất của Charles Dickens.lifeder
- 40+ Erotic And Sexual Quotes That Will Make Your Imagination Fly
- 25 Harriet Tubman Quotes On Passion & Dream
- 25 Charlie Brown Quotes About Friendship & Happiness
- 25 Halloween One Line Quotes Funny For Friends
- 40 Audrey Hepburn Quotes That Never (Ever) Get Old
- 30 George Carlin Quotes | The Master Of Mockery
- 25 April Fools Day Quotes To Start The Day Just Right
- 45 Hilarious One Liner Jokes On Money & Women
- 35 Hilarious Quotes To Celebrate Doctor’s Day 2020
- 40+ Insults Quotes For Haters, Enemies & Fake Friends