Looking For The Best Quotes Of Charles Dickens? (Born February 7, 1812 – died June 9, 1870), Charles John Huffam Dickens is an English writer and social critic. He created some of the world’s most famous fictional characters and is considered by many to be the greatest novelist of the Victorian era. His work enjoyed unprecedented popularity throughout his life, and by the 20th century, critics and scholars recognized him as a literary genius. His novels and short stories are still widely read today.
Here are 25 Charles Dickens quotes to help you remain kind-hearted no matter how hard life treats you. Check it out!
- There is nothing in the world so irresistibly contagious as laughter and good humor.
- “If there were no bad people, there would be no good lawyers.”__ Charles Dickens
- “A woman’s appetite is twice that of a man’s; her sexual desire, four times; her intelligence, eight times.”__ Charles Dickens
- “Cheerfulness and contentment are great beautifiers, and are famous preservers of good looks.”__ Charles Dickens
- “Never close your lips to those whom you have already opened your heart.”__ Charles Dickens
- A loving heart is the truest wisdom.__ Quotes by Charles Dickens
- Every traveler has a home of his own, and he learns to appreciate it the more from his wandering.
- Take nothing on its looks; take everything on evidence. There’s no better rule.
- I hope that real love and truth are stronger in the end than any evil or misfortune in the world.
- There was a long hard time when I kept far from me the remembrance of what I had thrown away when I was quite ignorant of its worth.
- Never close your lips to those whom you have already opened your heart.
- Have a heart that never hardens, and a temper that never tires, and a touch that never hurts.
- We need never be ashamed of our tears.__ Quotes by Charles Dickens
- Family not only needs to consist of merely those whom we share blood, but also of those whom we’d give blood.
- Reflect upon your present blessings – of which every man has many – not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some.
- I must be taken as I have been made. The success is not mine, the failure is not mine, but the two together make me.
- The pain of parting is nothing to the joy of meeting again.__ Quotes by Charles Dickens
- Suffering has been stronger than all other teaching, and has taught me to understand what your heart used to be. I have been bent and broken, but — I hope — into a better shape.
- There are dark shadows on the earth, but its lights are stronger in the contrast.
- Ask no questions, and you’ll be told no lies.__ Quotes by Charles Dickens
- No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.
- My meaning simply is, that whatever I have tried to do in life, I have tried with all my heart to do well; that whatever I have devoted myself to I have devoted mysef completely; that in great aims and in small, I have aways been thoroughly in earnest.
- The broken heart. You think you will die, but you just keep living day after day after terrible day.
- There is a wisdom of the head, and… there is a wisdom of the heart.
Okay, that’s a lot of Quotes by Charles Dickens! If you haven’t, let make sure to bookmark this quotes now and go back to the page, and try create a better habit every time when you need an inspiration or motivation.
One other thing: did you notice some recurring topics throughout these 25 Quotes by Charles Dickens? So what are the most outstanding quotes for you? Comment below!
- Quotes by Victor Hugo [25 Quotes On Love, Life & Education]
- Quotes by George Eliot [25 Quotes On Friendship, Love & Marriage]
- Quotes by Robert Frost [25 Quotes On Nature, Life & Education]
- Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Quotes [15 Quotes On Marriage, Love & Edu]
- Quotes of Seneca [30 Quotes On Wealth, Love & Travel]
- Quotes by Lady Gaga [22 Quotes About Self Love, Life & Beauty]
- Quotes of Salvador Dali [18 Quotes About Art & Dream Life]
- Quotes of Alexander Graham Bell [18 Quotes On Science & Invention]
- Quotes of Agatha Christie [20 Quotes On Writing, Love & Marriage]
- Quotes by Virginia Woolf [20 Quotes On Books, Writing & Reading]