Quotes by Charles Dickens _Here are 20 Charles Dickens quotes to help you remain kind-hearted no matter how hard life treats you.
- Have a heart that never hardens, and a temper that never tires, and a touch that never hurts.
- Family not only needs to consist of merely those whom we share blood, but also of those whom we’d give blood.
- Reflect upon your present blessings – of which every man has many – not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some.
- I must be taken as I have been made. The success is not mine, the failure is not mine, but the two together make me.
- Suffering has been stronger than all other teaching, and has taught me to understand what your heart used to be. I have been bent and broken, but — I hope — into a better shape.
- We need never be ashamed of our tears.
- There are dark shadows on the earth, but its lights are stronger in the contrast.
- Ask no questions, and you’ll be told no lies.
- No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.
- My meaning simply is, that whatever I have tried to do in life, I have tried with all my heart to do well; that whatever I have devoted myself to I have devoted mysef completely; that in great aims and in small, I have aways been thoroughly in earnest.
- A loving heart is the truest wisdom.
- The broken heart. You think you will die, but you just keep living day after day after terrible day.
- There is a wisdom of the head, and… there is a wisdom of the heart.
- Take nothing on its looks; take everything on evidence. There’s no better rule.
- The pain of parting is nothing to the joy of meeting again.
- There is nothing in the world so irresistibly contagious as laughter and good humor.
- I hope that real love and truth are stronger in the end than any evil or misfortune in the world.
- Never close your lips to those whom you have already opened your heart.
- There was a long hard time when I kept far from me the remembrance of what I had thrown away when I was quite ignorant of its worth.
- Every traveler has a home of his own, and he learns to appreciate it the more from his wandering.
Okay, that’s a lot of Quotes by Charles Dickens! If you haven’t, let make sure to bookmark this quotes now and go back to the page, and try create a better habit every time when you need an inspiration or motivation.
One other thing: did you notice some recurring topics throughout these 20 Quotes by Charles Dickens? So what are the most outstanding quotes for you? Comment below!