Looking For The Best Quotes Of Confucius? Confucius (551 – 479 BC) is a Chinese philosopher and politician during the Spring and Autumn Period. His philosophy is called Confucianism, which emphasizes personal and government ethics, the integrity of social relationships, fairness and sincerity.
He advocated the well-known principle “Don’t do to others what you don’t want to do for yourself”, the Golden Rule. He is also a traditional deity in Daoism. Confucius is widely considered as one of the most important and influential individuals in shaping human history. His teaching and philosophy greatly affected people around the world and remains influential until today.
Here, we gathered the best 25 quotes of Confucius that will increase your thirst for knowledge and help you see things from a more realistic perspective. Enjoy!
- The man who asks a question is a fool for a minute, the man who does not ask is a fool for life.
- Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it.__ Quotes by Confucius
- It is easy to hate and it is difficult to love. This is how the whole scheme of things works.
- All good things are difficult to achieve; and bad things are very easy to get.
- Respect yourself and others will respect you.__ Quotes by Confucius
- Where ever you go, go with all your heart.
- If your plan is for one year plant rice. If your plan is for 10 years plant trees. If your plan is for 100 years educate children.
- Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves.__ Quotes by Confucius
- The man who says he can, and the man who says he can’t are both correct.
- If you make a mistake and do not correct it, this is called a mistake.
- By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.
- The man who moves a mountain begins by carrying away small stones.
- Real knowledge is to know the extent of one’s ignorance.__ Quotes by Confucius
- Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.
- In a country well-governed, poverty is something to be ashamed of. In a country badly governed, wealth is something to be ashamed of.
- It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.
- He who knows all the answers has not been asked all the questions.
- Do not do to others what you do not want done to yourself.__ Quotes by Confucius
- Don’t complain about the snow on your neighbor’s roof when your own doorstep is unclean.
- The funniest people are the saddest ones.
- You cannot open a book without learning something.
- When it is obvious that the goals cannot be reached, don’t adjust the goals, adjust the action steps.
- Education breeds confidence. Confidence breeds hope. Hope breeds peace.
- The nobler sort of man emphasizes the good qualities in others, and does not accentuate the bad. The inferior does.
As you read these 25 Quotes by Confucius, realize that they can be a sources of guidance during the times you need and can motivate you when you have a problem.
Neither success nor failure is finite. That’s the motivation you choose to make the biggest difference.
- Quotes by Bob Marley [14 Quotes About Money, Life & Friendship]
- Dwayne Johnson Quotes [20 Quotes On Love, Life & Success]
- Quotes by George Washington [15 Quotes on Freedom, Faith & Religion]
- Quotes by Dumbledore [Top 15 Words of Wisdom]
- Quotes by Carl Jung [15 Quotes about Psychology, Sex & Women]
- Quotes by George Orwell [22 Quotes On Power & Politics]
- Quotes from Dale Carnegie [Top 25 Quotes On Success]
- Quotes from Alan Watts [25 Quotes on Love & Success]
- Quotes Of Susan B Anthony [16 Quotes on Equality, Liberty & More]
- Quotes From Kahlil Gibran [26 Quotes About Life And Inner Peace]