Quotes By Elie Wiesel That Will Actually Make Your Life Better _ Elie W Diesel is a Nobel Prize-winning writer, teacher and activist known for his night memoir, in which he recounted his experiences of surviving the Holocaust.
Born on September 30, 1928, in Sighet, Romania, Elie W Diesel pursued Jewish religious studies before his family was forced into Nazi death camps during World War II. W Diesel survived, and later wrote the internationally famous Memoir Night. He also wrote many books and became an activist, orator and teacher, speaking out against global terrorism and injustice. W Diesel died on July 2, 2016 at the age of 87.
So here are 20 Quotes by Elie Wiesel that will help bring back faith in humanity. Enjoy!
- There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.
- Friendship marks a life even more deeply than love. Love risks degenerating into obsession, friendship is never anything but sharing.
- When a person doesn’t have gratitude, something is missing in his or her humanity. A person can almost be defined by his or her attitude toward gratitude.
- One person of integrity can make a difference.
- No human race is superior; no religious faith is inferior. All collective judgments are wrong. Only racists make them.
- If the only prayer you say throughout your life is “Thank You,” then that will be enough.
- I pray to the God within me that He will give me the strength to ask Him the right questions.
- I swore never to be silent whenever and wherever human beings endure suffering and humiliation. We must always take sides.
- Think higher, feel deeper.
- We must not see any person as an abstraction. Instead, we must see in every person a universe with its own secrets, with its own treasures, with its own sources of anguish, and with some measure of triumph.
- And I feel gratitude in my heart each time I can meet someone and look at his or her smile.
- Because of indifference, one dies before one actually dies.
- Hope is like peace. It is not a gift from God. It is a gift only we can give one another.
- Once you bring life into the world, you must protect it. We must protect it by changing the world.
- For me, every hour is grace.
- Just as despair can come to one only from other human beings, hope, too, can be given to one only by other human beings.
- When language fails, violence becomes a language; I never had that feeling.
- For in my tradition, as a Jew, I believe that whatever we receive we must share.
- A destruction, an annihilation that only man can provoke, only man can prevent.
- If I were immersed in constant melancholy, I would not be who I am.
Okay, that’s a lot of Quotes by Elie Wiesel! If you haven’t, let make sure to bookmark this quotes now and go back to the page, and try create a better habit every time when you need an inspiration or motivation.
One other thing: did you notice some recurring topics throughout these 20 Quotes by Elie Wiesel? So what are the most outstanding quotes for you? Comment below!