Looking for quotes of F Scott Fitzgerald? Following is a list of Fitzgerald’s famous quotes collected from a vast sea of her works. Check it out!
Francis Scott Key Fitzgerald is a fiction writer and novelist considered one of the best American writers of the 20th century. His famous novel “The Great Gatsby” – which was made into a movie – is widely regarded as a literary classic
Born on September 24, 1896 in Minnesota, United States, Fitzgerald began to perfect his writing profession from an early age. At the age of 24, he became one of the most promising writers in the country after the publication of his first novel “On this side of paradise.”
He only made four novels during his lifetime, while an unfinished fifth novel was published after his death. In addition Fitzgerald wrote a large number of stories for popular magazines during his career. And in his later years he worked as a freelance screenwriter and story writer for Hollywood.
Fitzgerald died of a heart attack on December 21, 1940, leaving a legacy as one of the most distinguished authors in the history of American literature.
Although he had limited success during his lifetime, his work has inspired many writers and continues to attract great admiration. To celebrate his contribution to the world of literature, here are some beautiful quotes from F. Scott Fitzgerald. Enjoy them!
- “Vitality shows in not only the ability to persist but the ability to start over.”– F. Scott Fitzgerald
- “Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat.” — F Scott Fitzgerald Quotes
- “And in the end, we were all just humans…Drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness.” — F. Scott Fitzgerald
- “His was a great sin who first invented consciousness. Let us lose it for a few hours.”– F. Scott Fitzgerald
- “Men get to be a mixture of the charming mannerisms of the women they have known.” — F. Scott Fitzgerald
- “Let us learn to show our friendship for a man when he is alive and not after he is dead.” — F. Scott Fitzgerald
- “i’m a slave to my emotions, to my likes, to my hatred of boredom, to most of my desires” — Scott Fitzgerald Quotes
- “You are mysterious, I love you. You’re beautiful, intelligent, and virtuous, and that’s the rarest known combination.” — F. Scott Fitzgerald
- Show me a hero, and I’ll write you a tragedy.
- Whenever you feel like criticizing any one… just remember that all the people in this world haven’t had the advantages that you’ve had.
- That is part of the beauty of all literature. You discover that your longings are universal longings, that you’re not lonely and isolated from anyone. You belong.
- The idea, you know, is that the sentimental person thinks things will last – the romantic.__ Fitzgerald Quotes
person has a desperate confidence that they won’t.
- I was within and without, simultaneously enchanted and repelled by the inexhaustible variety of life.
- You see I usually find myself among strangers because I drift here and there trying to forget the sad things that happened to me.
- I don’t want just words. If that’s all you have for me, you’d better go.
- Actually that’s my secret — I can’t even talk about you to anybody because I don’t want any more people to know how wonderful you are.
- There is no confusion like the confusion of a simple mind…__ Zelda Fitzgerald Quotes
- I like people and I like them to like me, but I wear my heart where God put it, on the inside.
- No, she wasn’t beautiful for something as temporary as her looks. She was beautiful, deep down to her soul.
- No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart.
- The loneliest moment in someone’s life is when they are watching their whole world fall apart, and all they can do is stare blankly.
- There are all kinds of love in this world but never the same love twice.__ Fitzgerald Love Quotes
- Reserving judgments is a matter of infinite hope.
- I don’t want to repeat my innocence. I want the pleasure of losing it again.
- There are only the pursued, the pursuing, the busy and the tired.
We hope you did enjoyed our collection of 25 quotes by F. Scott Fitzgerald! Do you like this article? Please share it with your friends. Thank you!
Source: F. Scott Fitzgerald quotes.exitoysuperacionpersonal
- J D Salinger Quotes [19 Quotes On Love, Life & Happiness]
- Quotes by Malcolm X [20 Quotes On Education, Freedom & Justice]
- Quotes by Stephen Curry [15 Quotes About God, Life & Success]
- Quotes by Mark Cuban [15 Quotes On Success W. Pictures]
- Quotes by Joel Osteen [20 Quotes On Faith, Strength & Success]
- Quotes by Roald Dahl [19 Quotes On Kindness & Friendship]
- Chance the Rapper Quotes [17 Quotes About Money, Family & Success]
- Quotes by Ernest Hemingway [21 Quotes On Books & Writing]
- Jimi Hendrix Quotes [17 Quotes On Music, Life & Love]
- Quotes from Vincent van Gogh [20 Quotes About Life, Love & Success]
- Quotes From Jack Kerouac [18 Quotes On Travel & Adventure]