Looking For The Best Quotes Of Henry Miller? (Born December 26, 1891, New York – Died June 7, 1980, Calif., US), Henry Miller is an American writer, known for breaking with existing literary forms and developing a new type of semi-autobiographical novel that blended character study, social criticism, philosophical reflection, stream of consciousness, sex and mysticism.
His most characteristic works of this kind are Tropic of Cancer, Black Spring, Tropic of Capricorn and The Rosy Crucifixion trilogy. Because of sexual frankness, his main works were banned in England and the United States until the 1960s, but they were widely known earlier from copies smuggled from France.
Below you will find out the best collection of inspirational, wise and humorous quotes from Henry Miller. Enjoy!
- Destiny is what you are supposed to do in life. Fate is what kicks you in the ass to make you do it.
- I have no money, no resources, no hopes. I am the happiest man alive.__ Quotes by Henry Miller
- No sorrows, no regrets. No past, no future. The present is enough for me. Day by day. Today!
- True strength lies in submission which permits one to dedicate his life, through devotion, to something beyond himself.
- The aim of life is to live, and to live means to be aware, joyously, drunkenly, serenely, divinely aware.
- Life has to be given a meaning because of the obvious fact that it has no meaning.__ Quotes by Henry Miller
- The man who is forever disturbed about the condition of humanity either has no problems of his own or has refused to face them.
- If there is to be any peace it will come through being, not having.
- The one thing we can never get enough of is love. And the one thing we never give enough of is love.
- Everybody says sex is obscene. The only true obscenity is war.
- Why are we so full of restraint? Why do we not give in all directions? Is it fear of losing ourselves? Until we do lose ourselves there is no hope of finding ourselves.
- To be joyous is to be a madman in a world of sad ghosts.__ Quotes by Henry Miller
- It’s good to be just plain happy, it’s a little better to know that you’re happy; but to understand that you’re happy and to know why and how and still be happy, be happy in the being and the knowing, well that is beyond happiness, that is bliss.
- Surely everyone realizes, at some point along the way, that he is capable of living a far better life than the one he has chosen.
- People are like lice – they get under your skin and bury themselves there. You scratch and scratch until the blood comes, but you can’t get permanently deloused.
- It is with the soul that we grasp the essence of another human being, not with the mind, nor even with the heart.
- I found that what I had desired all my life was not to live – if what others are doing is called living – but to express myself.
- I made up my mind that I would hold onto nothing, that I would expect nothing.__ Quotes by Henry Miller
- The world is not to be put in order. The world is order. It is for us to put ourselves in unison with this order.
- Everything we shut our eyes to, everything we run away from, everything we deny, denigrate or despise, serves to defeat us in the end.
- Develop an interest in life as you see it; the people, things, literature, music – the world is so rich, simply throbbing with rich treasures, beautiful souls and interesting people. Forget yourself.
- One’s destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things.
- Let me be, was all I wanted. Be what I am, no matter how I am.__ Quotes by Henry Miller
- Every moment is a golden one for him who has the vision to recognize it as such.
- Whatever there be of progress in life comes not through adaptation but through daring.
As you read these 25 quotes from Henry Miller, realize that they can be a sources of guidance during the times you need and can motivate you when you have a problem.
Neither success nor failure is finite. That’s the motivation you choose to make the biggest difference.
- Quotes of Michael Phelps [23 Quotes to Get You Fired Up]
- Quotes by Joan Didion [22 Quotes On Self Respect & Love]
- Quotes by RuPaul [20 RuPaul Quotes on Self Confidence & Success]
- Quotes from Brene Brown [25 Quotes On Courage, Shame & Vulnerability]
- Quotes by Tyrion Lannister [ 25 Quotes on Wisdom from the Books & TV]
- Quotes by Nathaniel Hawthorne [25 Quotes About Nature, Love & life]
- Quotes by Herman Melville [20 Quotes On Love, Life & Death]
- Edmund Burke Quotes [22 Quotes On Democracy & Human Nature]
- George R.R. Martin Quotes [25 Quotes On Books, Writing & Fantasy]
- Louisa May Alcott Quotes [20 Quotes About Love, Life & Beauty]