Reasons Why Quotes By Hunter S Thompson Is Getting More Popular In The Past Decade _Counterculture icon Hunter S. Thompson was an American journalist best known for writing 1971’s ‘Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas’ and creating ‘Gonzo journalism.’
Hunter S. Thompson was born in Louisville, Kentucky, in 1937. He showed a knack for writing at a young age, and after high school began his career in journalism while serving in the United States Air Force. Following his military service, Thompson traveled the country to cover a wide array of topics for numerous magazines and developed an immersive, highly personal style of reporting that would become known as “Gonzo journalism.” He would employ the style in the 1972 book for which he is best known, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, which was an instant and lasting success.
For the remainder of his life, Thompson’s hard-driving lifestyle—which included the steady use of illicit drugs and an ongoing love affair with firearms—and his relentlessly antiauthoritarian work made him a perpetual counterculture icon. However, his fondness for substances also contributed to several bouts of poor health, and in 2005 Thompson committed suicide at the age of 67.
Here are 18 Quotes by Hunter S Thompson that will make you enjoy life to the fullest. Have fun!
- A man who procrastinates in his choosing will inevitably have his choice made for him by circumstance.
- For every moment of triumph, for every instance of beauty, many souls must be trampled.
- I was not proud of what I had learned but I never doubted that it was worth knowing.
- Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better.
- Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously.
- Freedom is something that dies unless it’s used.
- Some may never live, but the crazy never die.
- I don’t see how you can respect yourself if you must look in the hearts and minds of others for your happiness.
- I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
- Weird behavior is natural in smart children, like curiosity is to a kitten.
- So we shall let the reader answer this question for himself: Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed?
- We cannot expect people to have respect for law and order until we teach respect to those we have entrusted to enforce those laws.
- The edge… there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is the ones who have gone over.
- In a closed society where everybody’s guilty, the only crime is getting caught. In a world of thieves, the only final sin is stupidity.
- Morality is temporary, wisdom is permanent.
- The greatest mania of all is passion: and I am a natural slave to passion.
- Too weird to live, too rare to die!
- Never turn your back on fear. It should always be in front of you, like a thing that might have to be killed.
Thank you for spending time to read our collection of 18 Quotes by Hunter S Thompson. And we hope these quotes brought you great inspiration and motivation in everyday life.
Which one is your favorite quote? _let us know in the comments below.