Quotes by Jonathan Swift _Here are 20 eye-opening Jonathan Swift quotes that you need to know.
- A man should never be ashamed to own that he has been in the wrong, which is but saying, that he is wiser today than yesterday.
- A wise person should have money in their head, but not in their heart.
- Health is the greatest of all possessions.
- Power is no blessing in itself, except when it is used to protect the innocent.
- It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into.
- The worthiest people are the most injured by slander, as is the best fruit which the birds have been pecking at.
- There is no absolute success in the world, only constant progress.
- May you live every day of your life.
- Words are the clothing of our thoughts.
- Blessed is he who expects nothing, for he shall be disappointed.
- When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign: that the dunces are all in confederacy against him.
- We have just enough religion to make us hate, but not enough to make us love one another.
- To get angry is like to revenge yourself for the guilt of others.
- The power of fortune is confessed only by the miserable, for the happy impute all their success to prudence or merit.
- Undoubtedly, philosophers are in the right when they tell us that nothing is great or little otherwise than by comparison.
- Vision is the art of seeing what is invisible to others.
- Simplicity, without which no human performance can arrive at perfection.
- Every day is an opportunity to a make a new happy ending.
- Books, the children of the brain.
- Coffee makes us severe, and grave and philosophical.
We hope you did enjoyed our collection of 20 Quotes by Jonathan Swift! Do you like this article? Please share it with your friends. Thank you!