Searching quotes of Joseph Campbell? (1904-1987) is a prolific American mythologist and writer. Influenced by the ideas of Freud, Jung, Joyce or Mann, and attracted by Asian and Native American mythological sources, he knew how to create his own anthropological and psychological model: The analysis of myth.
Bellow you will find 35 quotes from Joseph Campbell that will teach you how to follow your happiness. Check it out!
- “When you make the sacrifice in marriage, you’re sacrificing not to each other but to unity in a relationship.”
- All the gods, all the heavens, all the hells, are within you. (Joseph Campbell Quotes)
- “Find a place inside where there’s joy, and the joy will burn out the pain.”
- “Myth is much more important and true than history. History is just journalism and you know how reliable that is.”
- Myths are public dreams, dreams are private myths.
- The cave you fear to enter holds the treasure you seek.
- If the path before you is clear, you’re probably on someone else’s.
- The warrior’s stance is to say “yes” to life; “Yes to everything.
- Hell is life drying up. The hoarder, the one who wants to stay in us, hold on, we must kill.
- The hero sacrifices himself for something … There is the morality of the matter.
- If we are clinging to the form, now, we will have no next form.
- Throughout the inhabited world, at all times and in all circumstances, the myths of man have flourished.(Joseph Campbell Quotes On Love)
- Not all who hesitate are lost. The psyche has many secrets in store. And they are not discovered unless necessary.
- You yourself are part of the evil, or you would not be alive. Every thing you do is bad for someone. This is one of the ironies of creation.
- Beyond the world of opposites there is an invisible, but experienced, unity and identity in all of us.
- Chase your happiness and don’t be afraid, and the doors will open where you least suspect it.
- Our job is to straighten our own lives.
- “God is a metaphor for that which transcends all levels of intellectual thought. It’s as simple as that.”
- Life breaks from one generation to the next, to be reborn.
- Instead of cleaning his own heart, the fanatic tries to clean the world.
- Follow your bliss and don’t be afraid, and doors will open where you didn’t know they were going to be.
- “Your life is the fruit of your own doing. You have no one to blame but yourself.”(Joseph Campbell Hero Quotes)
- Wars and outbursts of anger are the resources of ignorance; regrets and illuminations that come too late.
- Your sacred space is where you can find yourself over and over again.
- We’re not on our journey to save the world but to save ourselves. But in doing that, you save the world. The influence of a vital person vitalizes.
- Instead of clearing his own heart the zealot tries to clear the world.
- Opportunities to find deeper powers within ourselves come when life seems most challenging.
- And all you have to do to transform your hell into a paradise is to turn your fall into a voluntary act. It’s a very interesting shift of perspective and that’s all it is… joyful participation in the sorrows and everything changes.
- The goal of life is to make your heartbeat match the beat of the universe, to match your nature with nature.
- The agony of breaking through personal limitations is the agony of spiritual growth.
- The demon that you can swallow gives you its power, and the greater life’s pain, the greater life’s reply.
- We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us.(Joseph Campbell Bliss Quote)
- Not all who hesitate are lost. The psyche has many secrets in reserve. And these are not disclosed unless required.
- As soon as the poetry of myth is interpreted as biography, history or science, it dies.
- The universe is a cluster of atomic boilers exploding, like our Sun.
And with this, we come to the end of collection. It was great to have you till here.
So, which quote did you like the most in our compilation of 35 quotes by Joseph Campbell.
Which ever you like, make sure to share them with your friends on social media. After all, sharing is the best caring! Thank you very much!
- 85 Freaky Love Quotes Will Spice Up Your Relationship
- 25 Agatha Christie Quotes On Writing, Love & Marriage
- 25 Virginia Woolf Quotes On Books, Writing & Reading
- 25 Quotes Of Napoleon Bonaparte On Ambition & Success
- 25 Quotes Of Voltaire About Life, Love & Religion
- 48 Ralph Waldo Quotes On Self Reliance & Success
- 25+ Nikola Tesla Quotes About Physics And The Universe
- 35 Quotes On Growth Mindset Help You Succeed More & Happier
- 35 Quotes Of Kim Kardashian About Love, Life & Success
- 25 Drugs Quotes Motivate You Towards A Sober Lifestyle