Looking For The Best Quotes Of Julia Child? (Born in 1912, in Pasadena, California), TV chef and author Julia Child became a household name via the groundbreaking cookbook ‘Mastering the Art of French Cooking’ and her popular show ‘The French Chef.’ After attending culinary school in France, she collaborated on the cookbook Mastering the Art of French Cooking, which became a bestseller upon its 1961 publication.
Child followed with the launch of The French Chef on the small screen, and she cemented her reputation as an industry icon through additional books and TV appearances, until her death in 2004. She was also the inspiration behind the 2009 film Julie & Julia, which was based on a cooking blog by Julie Powell.
Here are 25 quotes by Julia Child that will give you an appetite for life. Enjoy!
- “I was 32 when I started cooking; up until then, I just ate.” — Julia Child
- “Find something you’re passionate about and keep tremendously interested in it.” — Julia Child
- “It’s so beautifully arranged on the plate – you know someone’s fingers have been all over it.” — Julia Child
- “How can a nation be called great if its bread tastes like Kleenex?”__ Julia Child
- “If you’re in a good profession, it’s hard to get bored, because you’re never finished. There will always be work you haven’t done.”__ Julia Child
- “Moderation. Small helpings. Sample a little bit of everything. These are the secrets of happiness and good health.”__ Julia Child
- “The only real stumbling block is fear of failure. In cooking you’ve got to have a “What the hell!” attitude.”__ Julia Child
- “You’ll never know everything about anything, especially something you love.”__ Julia Child
- “The main thing is to have a gutsy approach and use your head.” — Julia Child
- “The measure of achievement is not winning awards. It’s doing something that you appreciate, something you believe is worthwhile.”
- “Cooking well doesn’t mean cooking fancy.”
- Just speak very loudly and quickly, and state your position with utter conviction, as the French do, and you’ll have a marvellous time!
- Life itself is the proper binge. __ Quotes by Julia Child
- People who love to eat are always the best people.
- If everything doesn’t happen quite the way you’d like, it doesn’t make too much difference, because you can fix it.
- The measure of achievement is not winning awards. It’s doing something that you appreciate, something you believe is worthwhile.
- See, when I flipped it, I didn’t have the courage to do it the way I should’ve. But you can always pick it up, and if you’re alone in the kitchen, who is going to see? But the only way you learn how to flip things is just to flip them. __ Quotes by Julia Child
- You learn to cook so that you don’t have to be a slave to recipes. You get what’s in season and you know what to do with it.
- A party without cake is just a meeting.
- I enjoy cooking with wine. Sometimes I even put it in the food…
- Remember, ‘No one’s more important than people’! In other words, friendship is the most important thing—not career or housework, or one’s fatigue—and it needs to be tended and nurtured. __ Quotes by Julia Child
- If you’re in a good profession, it’s hard to get bored, because you’re never finished — there will always be work you haven’t yet done.
- The only time to eat diet food is while you’re waiting for the steak to cook.
- This is my invariable advice to people: Learn how to cook — try new recipes, learn from your mistakes, be fearless and above all have fun!
- Tears mess up your makeup.
Thank you for spending time to read our collection of 25 Quotes by Julia Child. And we hope these quotes brought you great inspiration and motivation in everyday life.
Which one is your favorite quote? _let us know in the comments below.
- Quotes By Jim Carrey [15 Great Quotes Will Change Your View On Life]
- Quotes By Ronald Reagan [Quotes On Leadership, Freedom & Success]
- Mr Rogers Quotes [56 Quotes Will Make People Feel More Neighborly]
- Quotes by Teddy Roosevelt [40 Quotes About Leadership & Success]
- Quotes By Buddha [22 Quotes on Meditation, Spirituality & Happiness]
- Quotes by Carl Jung [15 Quotes about Psychology, Sex & Women]
- Quotes from Sylvia Plath [23 Quotes On Motherhood & Feminism]
- Quotes by Jonathan Swift [Top 20 Quotes On Humour & Satire]
- Quotes by Norman Vincent Peale [Top 24 Quotes On Positive Thinking]
- Quotes by Helen Keller [25 Quotes On Vision, Love & Education]