Looking for the best quotes of Lao Tzu? (Chinese: “Master Lao,” or “Old Master”), Also known as Laozi or Tao Te Ching – the father of Chinese Taoism (a philosophy that advocates living a simple life), – existed in the 6th century B.C and is considered a central figure in Chinese culture.
Although very little is known about his life, Lao Tzu’s teachings have been passed down through the centuries and have influenced many different people, regardless of culture.
Here are 30 of the best quotes of Lao Tzu on simplicity, art of war & leadership. Enjoy!
- Knowing others is wisdom, knowing yourself is Enlightenment.
- If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading.__ Lao Tzu Quotes,
- Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power.
- He who knows that enough is enough will always have enough.
- Those who know do not say. Those who say do not know.
- Be content with what you have; rejoice in the way things are. When you realize there is nothing lacking, the whole world belongs to you.
- Great acts are made up of small deeds.__ Tao Te Ching Quotes,
- A man with outward courage dares to die; a man with inner courage dares to live.
- Life is a series of natural and spontaneous changes. Don’t resist them – that only creates sorrow. Let reality be reality. Let things flow naturally forward in whatever way they like.
- Nothing is softer or more flexible than water, yet nothing can resist it.
- I have just three things to teach: simplicity, patience, compassion. These three are your greatest treasures.
- “If you correct your mind, the rest of your life will fall into place.” – Lao Tzu Water Quote,
- “Time is a created thing. To say “I don’t have time,” is like saying, “I don’t want to.” ― Lao Tzu
- “A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves.”― Lao Tzu
- “Care about what other people think and you will always be their prisoner.”- Lao Tzu
- “Life and death are one thread, the same line viewed from different sides.” – Lao Tzu
- “If you would take, you must first give, this is the beginning of intelligence.” – Lao Tzu Quotes Leadership,
- “Who acts in stillness finds stillness in his life.” ― Lao Tzu
- “If you realize that all things change, there is nothing you will try to hold on to. If you are not afraid of dying, there is nothing you cannot achieve.” ― Lao Tzu
- “New beginnings are often disguised as painful endings.” ― Lao Tzu
- “Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.” ― Lao Tzu
- “Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished.” ― Tao De Ching Quotes
- “Love is a decision. Not an emotion.” ― Lao Tzu
- “If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.” ― Lao Tzu
- “Health is the greatest possession. Contentment is the greatest treasure. Confidence is the greatest friend. Non-being is the greatest joy.” ― Lao Tzu
- “When you are content to be simply yourself and don’t compare or compete, everyone will respect you.” ― Lao Tzu
- “Kindness in words creates confidence. Kindness in thinking creates profoundness. Kindness in giving creates love.” ― Lao Tzu Love Quotes,
- “For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions.” ― Lao Tzu
- The snow goose need not bathe to make itself white. Neither need you do anything but be yourself.
- A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.
- In dwelling, live close to the ground. In thinking, keep to the simple. In conflict, be fair and generous. In governing, don’t try to control. In work, do what you enjoy. In family life, be completely present.
- The key to growth is the introduction of higher dimensions of consciousness into our awareness.
Thanks for reading my favorite 30 quotes from Lao Tzu. I wish you a great year and hope you can find these quotes whenever you need a boost, so you can confidently crush every challenge or goal you set for yourself.
You can also share your favorites quotes on facebook or send them to a friend who can use them as encouragement. Thank you!
- 62 Nelson Mandela Quotes About Dedication & Sacrifice
- 42 John Lennon Quotes About Peace, Love And Music
- 35 Most Extraordinary Quotes Of Ex-President Barack Obama
- 35 Best Quotes About The Value Of Tolerance
- 52 Quotes For LGTB: Motivating, Inspiring & Against Homophobia
- 24 Quotes Of Jackie Chan To Face The Day With Energy
- 35 Daily Quotes to Increase Your Self-Esteem
- 35 Great Quotes Of Failure To Recover And Get Ahead
- 85 Quotes Against Bully (And Bullying)
- 30 Quotes Of Change To Give A New Direction To Your Life