Looking For The Best Quotes Of Mark Twain? (Born November 30, 1835 – Died April 21, 1910), Samuel Langhorne Clemens, also known by his pen name Mark Twain, is an American writer, comedian, entrepreneur, publisher, and lecturer.
His famous novels include The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (1876) and its sequel, the Adventures of Huckleberry Finn (1884), the latter commonly known as “The Great American Novel”. Mark Twain is hailed as the “greatest humorous man the country has produced”.
Here, we’ve compiled a list of the top 35 most inspiring Twain quotes on life, happiness, success. Enjoy!
- Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don’t mind, it doesn’t matter.
- Giving up smoking is the easiest thing in the world. I know because I’ve done it thousands of times.
- “Good friends, good books, and a sleepy conscience: this is the ideal life.” – Mark Twain
- “To succeed in life, you need two things: ignorance and confidence.” – Mark Twain
- “Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear – not absence of fear” – Mark Twain
- “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.” – Mark Twain
- “Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.” – Mark Twain
- “Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see.” – Mark Twain
- “You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.” – Mark Twain
- “Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.” – Mark Twain
- “Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.” – Mark Twain
- “Don’t go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first.” – Mark Twain
- “A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.” – Mark Twain
- If you tell the truth, you don’t have to remember anything.__ Quotes by Mark Twain
- Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great.
- Never allow someone to be your priority while allowing yourself to be their option.
- Truth is stranger than fiction, but it is because fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities; truth isn’t.
- Don’t part with your illusions. When they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live.
- Wrinkles should merely indicate where the smiles have been.__ Quotes by Mark Twain
- If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and man.
- If you don’t read the newspaper, you’re uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you’re misinformed.
- Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear — not absence of fear.
- Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side which he never shows to anybody.
- Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.__ Quotes by Mark Twain
- Kindness is a language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see.
- It’s not the size of the dog in the fight, it’s the size of the fight in the dog.
- The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.
- Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other.__ Quotes by Mark Twain
- Of all the animals, man is the only one that is cruel. He is the only one that inflicts pain for the pleasure of doing it.
- Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
- Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured.
Thank you for spending time to read our collection of quotes by Mark Twain. And we hope these quotes brought you great inspiration and motivation in everyday life.
Which one is your favorite quote? _let us know in the comments below.
- Quotes from Dale Carnegie [Top 25 Quotes On Success]
- Quotes from Alan Watts [25 Quotes on Love & Success]
- Quotes Of Susan B Anthony [16 Quotes on Equality, Liberty & More]
- Quotes From Kahlil Gibran [26 Quotes About Life And Inner Peace]
- Quotes by Confucius [23 Words of Wisdom]
- Quotes by Voltaire [20 Quotes about Life, Love & Religion]
- Quotes from Marcus Aurelius [20 Quotes About Integrity & Philosophy]
- Quotes by Margaret Thatcher [15 Quotes on Leadership & Willpower]
- Quotes By Buddha [22 Quotes on Meditation, Spirituality & Happiness]
- Margaret Mead quotes [11 Positive Words of Encouragement]