Quotes By Mark Twain Is So Famous, But Why? _An adventurer and one of America’s most influential writers, Mark Twain is the author of The Adventures of Tom Sawyer and The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn. Known by many as the father of American literature, Mark Twain is a writer of 28 books and many essays, stories and lectures.
Twain lived through the Civil War. As a child, he had a notion that slavery was wrong, no one told him; The newspapers talked about it and the church said it was a sacred thing.
Later, he wrote Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, where he told the story of two outcasts: Huck Finn – an orphan and Jim – an escaped slave. Together, they find freedom and adventure, but at the cost of isolation.
Here are 22 quotes by Mark Twain to help you become the best version of yourself. Enjoy!
- If you tell the truth, you don’t have to remember anything.
- Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to reform (or pause and reflect).
- The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.
- A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.
- Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great.
- Never allow someone to be your priority while allowing yourself to be their option.
- Truth is stranger than fiction, but it is because fiction is obliged to stick to possibilities; truth isn’t.
- Wrinkles should merely indicate where the smiles have been.
- Don’t part with your illusions. When they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live.
- Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
- If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and man.
- Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other.
- If you don’t read the newspaper, you’re uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you’re misinformed.
- Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear — not absence of fear.
- Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side which he never shows to anybody.
- Kindness is a language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see.
- A clear conscience is the sure sign of a bad memory.
- It’s not the size of the dog in the fight, it’s the size of the fight in the dog.
- The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.
- Of all the animals, man is the only one that is cruel. He is the only one that inflicts pain for the pleasure of doing it.
- Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
- Anger is an acid that can do more harm to the vessel in which it is stored than to anything on which it is poured.
Thank you for spending time to read our collection of Quotes by Mark Twain. And we hope these quotes brought you great inspiration and motivation in everyday life.
Which one is your favorite quote? _let us know in the comments below.