Looking For The Best Quotes Of Nathaniel Hawthorne? (Born July 4, 1804 – May 19, 1804, Salem, Massachusetts), Nathaniel Hawthorne is an American novelist and short story writer. His works often focus on history, morality and religion. He entered Bowdoin University in 1821, was elected to Phi Beta Kappa in 1824 and graduated in 1825. He published his first work in 1828, Fanshawe novel; Afterwards, he tried to suppress it, feeling that it was not up to the standards of his later work. There are numbers of short stories published in periodicals, which he collected in 1837 as Twice-Told Tales.
The following is a list of some of Nathaniel Hawthorne’s famous quotes collected from a vast sea of his works. Check it out!
- Happiness is not found in things you possess, but in what you have the courage to release…
- Happiness is like a butterfly which, when pursued, is always beyond our grasp, but, if you will sit down quietly, may alight upon you.
- A single dream is more powerful than a thousand realities.__ Quotes by Nathaniel Hawthorne
- Let men tremble to win the hand of woman, unless they win along with it the utmost passion of her heart!
- Love, whether newly born or aroused from a deathlike slumber, must always create sunshine, filling the heart so full of radiance that it overflows upon the outward world.
- No man, for any considerable period, can wear one face to himself and another to the multitude, without finally getting bewildered as to which may be the true.
- No summer ever came back, and no two summers ever were alike. Times change, and people change; and if our hearts do not change as readily, so much the worse for us.
- What other dungeon is so dark as one’s own heart! What jailer so in exorable as one’s self!__ Quotes by Nathaniel Hawthorne
- The world owes all its onward impulses to men ill at ease. The happy man inevitably confines himself within ancient limits.
- We men of study, whose heads are in our books, have need to be straightly looked after! We dream in our waking moments, and walk in our sleep.
- A forced smile is uglier than a frown.
- Human nature will not flourish, any more than a potato, if it be planted and replanted, for too long a series of generations, in the same worn-out soil.
- There is something truer and more real, than what we can see with the eyes, and touch with the finger.
- All merely graceful attributes are usually the most evanescent.__ Quotes by Nathaniel Hawthorne
- Words – so innocent and powerless as they are, as standing in a dictionary, how potent for good and evil they become in the hands of one who knows how to combine them.
- It is very queer, but not the less true, that people are generally quite as vain, or even more so, of their deficiencies than of their available gifts.
- I have laughed, in bitterness and agony of heart, at the contrast between what I seem and what I am!
- It is a curious subject of observation and inquiry, whether hatred and love be not the same thing at bottom.
- It is a good lesson – though it may often be a hard one – for a man… to step aside out of the narrow circle in which his claims are recognized, and to find how utterly devoid of significance, beyond that circle, is all that he achieves, and all he aims at.__ Quotes by Nathaniel Hawthorne
- It is to the credit of human nature, that, except where its selfishness is brought into play, it loves more readily than it hates.
- Be true! Be true! Be true! Show freely to the world, if not your worst, yet some trait whereby the worst may be inferred!
- Providence had mediated better things for me than I could possibly imagine for myself.
- It contributes greatly towards a man’s moral and intellectual health, to be brought into habits of companionship with individuals unlike himself, who care little for his pursuits, and whose sphere and abilities he must go out of himself to appreciate.
- I cannot endure to waste anything so precious as autumnal sunshine by staying in the house.
We hope you did enjoyed our collection of 25 Quotes by Nathaniel Hawthorne! Do you like this article? Please share it with your friends. Thank you!
- Quotes by Pope John Paul II [25 Tips About Fighting for What You Believe]
- Quotes by Gordon Ramsay [15 Tips to Help You Do at Your Best]
- Quotes by Toni Morrison [16 Quotes That Will Authorize Your Future]
- Quotes of Sigmund Freud [20 Best Ideas can transform your life]
- Elizabeth Gilbert Quotes [25 Quotes Inspire You to Live GREATEST Life]
- Quotes of Michael Phelps [23 Quotes to Get You Fired Up]
- Quotes by Joan Didion [22 Quotes On Self Respect & Love]
- Quotes by RuPaul [20 RuPaul Quotes on Self Confidence & Success]
- Quotes from Brene Brown [25 Quotes On Courage, Shame & Vulnerability]
- Quotes by Tyrion Lannister [ 25 Quotes on Wisdom from the Books & TV]