Looking for the best quotes of Pablo Neruda? Discover below a compilation of Pablo Neruda’s best thoughts on love, happiness, heartbreak, life and much more. Enjoy them!
Pablo Neruda, whose real name is Ricardo Eliécer Neftalí Reyes Basoalto, is a Chilean poet who won the Nobel Prize for Literature in 1971. He was once called “the greatest poet of the 20th century in any language.”
Born in Parral, Chile, on July 12, 1904, the poet Pablo Neruda generated controversy for his affiliation with the Communist Party and his open support for José Stalin, Fulgencio Batista and Fidel Castro. His poetic mastery was never in doubt and for this he was awarded countless awards throughout his life. Neruda died on September 23, 1973.
- You can cut all the flowers but you cannot keep spring from coming.
- “Love is not about property, diamonds and gifts. It is about sharing your very self with the world around you.” — Pablo Neruda Quotes
- “Laughter is the language of the soul.” — Pablo Neruda
- “To feel the love of people whom we love is a fire that feeds our life.” — Pablo Neruda
- “I love you as certain dark things are to be loved, in secret, between the shadow and the soul.” — Pablo Neruda
- “Love is so short, forgetting is so long.” — Pablo Neruda
- “I want to do to you what spring does with the cherry trees.” — Neruda Quotes
- “Of all the fires, love is the only inexhaustible one.” — Pablo Neruda
- “The darkness of a day elapsed, of a day nourished with our sad blood.” — Pablo Neruda
- “As slippery as smooth grapes, words exploding in the light like dormant seeds waiti. — Pablo Neruda
- “Love is the mystery of water and a star.” — Pablo Neruda
- “I like on the table, when we’re speaking, the light of a bottle of intelligent wine.” — Pablo Neruda Love Quotes
- “There is no space wider than that of grief …” — Pablo Neruda
- “Absence is a house so vast that inside you will pass through its walls and hang pictures on the air.” — Pablo Neruda
- “Your wide eyes are the only light I know from extinguished constellations.” — Pablo Neruda
- “Give me silence, water, hope Give me struggle, iron, volcanoes.” — Pablo Neruda
- If nothing saves us from death, at least love should save us from life.__ Neruda Love Quotes
- Deny me bread, air, light, spring, but never your laughter for I would die.
- Someday, somewhere – anywhere, unfailingly, you’ll find yourself, and that, and only that, can be the happiest or bitterest hour of your life.
- A child who does not play is not a child, but the man who doesn’t play has lost forever the child who lived in him and who he will miss terribly.
- I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where. I love you simply, without problems or pride: I love you in this way because I do not know any other way of loving but this…
- Only a burning patience will lead to the attainment of a splendid happiness.__ Pablo Neruda Quotes On Life
- Let us forget with generosity those who cannot love us.
- I love you as certain dark things are to be loved, in secret, between the shadow and the soul.
- Loving is a journey with water and with stars, with smothered air and abrupt storms of flour: loving is a clash of lightning-bolts and two bodies defeated by a single drop of honey.
Okay, that’s a lot of quotes from Pablo Neruda! If you haven’t, let make sure to bookmark this quotes now and go back to the page, and try create a better habit every time when you need an inspiration or motivation.
One other thing: did you notice some recurring topics throughout these 25 Quotes by Pablo Neruda? So what are the most outstanding quotes for you? Comment below!
Source: Pablo Neruda phrases/exitoysuperacionpersonal
- Quotes by Hunter S Thompson [18 Quotes On Life & Love]
- Quotes by Vince Lombardi [21 Quotes On Winning & Coaching]
- Carrie Fisher Quotes [20 Quotes On Mental Health & Feminism]
- Quotes By William Shakespeare [18 Quotes About Life & Education]
- Quotes of Marie Curie [14 Quotes On Self Improvement]
- Quotes by Charlie Brown [20 Quotes About Friendship & Happiness]
- Quotes by Plato [20 Quotes On Knowledge & Education]
- Quotes by LeBron James [11 Quotes On Teamwork, Strength & Success]
- Thomas Jefferson Quotes [20 Quotes On Freedom, Liberty & Education]
- Quotes by Socrates [15 Quotes On Life, Truth & Happiness]