Looking For The Best Quotes Of Pope John Paul II? Karol Jozef Wojtyla, commonly known as Pope John Paul II, was once the sovereign of Vatican City and the Pope of the Catholic Church. Some Catholics also call him ‘Saint John Paul the Great.’ He was the first non-Italian since 1523 to become pope, alongside the longest serving pope in history. He has contributed significantly in improving the relationship of the Catholic Church with the Anglican, Muslim, Jewish and Eastern Orthodox Communities. He received much admiration from the masses but was also criticized for defending the Church’s decision against same-sex marriage.
Below is a list of enlightening quotes and sayings of (Pope John Paul II) the man who removed the boundaries of caste, religion, and culture to spread the message of ‘God. Have fun!
- An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded.
- “Darkness can only be scattered by light. Hatred can only be conquered by love.”
- The future starts today, not tomorrow.__ Quotes by Pope John Paul II
- A person’s rightful due is to be treated as an object of love, not as an object for use.
- Do not be afraid. Do not be satisfied with mediocrity. Put out into the deep and let down your nets for a catch.
- As the family goes, so goes the nation and so goes the whole world in which we live.
- Do not be afraid to take a chance on peace, to teach peace, to live peace…Peace will be the last word of history.
- Love between man and woman cannot be built without sacrifices and self-denial.
- It is the duty of every man to uphold the dignity of every woman.__ Quotes by Pope John Paul II
- There is no dignity when the human dimension is eliminated from the person. In short, the problem with pornography is not that it shows too much of the person, but that it shows far too little.
- Friendship, as has been said, consists in a full commitment of the will to another person with a view to that person’s good.
- Learning to think rigorously, so as to act rightly and to serve humanity better.__ Quotes by Pope John Paul II
- Social justice cannot be attained by violence. Violence kills what it intends to create.
- Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought.
- From now on it is only through a conscious choice and through a deliberate policy that humanity can survive.
- Life is entrusted to man as a treasure which must not be squandered, as a talent which must be used well.
- None can sense more deeply than you artists, ingenious creators of beauty that you are, something of the pathos with which God at the dawn of creation looked upon the work of his hands.
- Men are like wine – some turn to vinegar, but the best improve with age.__ Quotes by Pope John Paul II
- A person is an entity of a sort to which the only proper and adequate way to relate is love.
- A democracy without values easily turns into open or thinly disguised totalitarianism.
- The human being is single, unique, and unrepeatable, someone thought of and chosen from eternity, someone called and identified by name.
- The body, in fact, and it alone is capable of making visible that which is invisible; the spiritual and the divine.
- Stupidity is also a gift of God, but one mustn’t misuse it.
- The great danger for family life, in the midst of any society whose idols are pleasure, comfort and independence, lies in the fact that people close their hearts and become selfish.
Thank you for spending time to read our collection of 25 Quotes by Pope John Paul II. And we hope these quotes brought you great inspiration and motivation in everyday life.
Which one is your favorite quote? _let us know in the comments below.
- Quotes by Isaac Newton [17 Best Words of Encouragement]
- Quotes by Abraham Lincoln [25 Quotes About Life & Success]
- Quotes by Frederick Douglass [20+ Quotes about Freedom and Progress]
- Quotes from Wayne Gretzky [20 Quotes on Hockey, Teamwork & Life]
- Quotes from Rosa Parks [14 Quotes About How to Persist for Success]
- Quotes by Bob Dylan [19 Tips to Help Setting Your Own Manner]
- Quotes by Henry Ford [25 Quotes For Leadership & Customer Experience]
- Quotes from Lucille Ball [20 Quotes to Make You Feel Courageous]
- Quotes from Leonard Cohen [22 Quotes That You Need Right Now]
- Quotes by Elie Wiesel [20 Tips to Help Bring Back Faith in Humanity]