The Facts About Quotes By Toni Morrison That Will Blow Your Mind. _Here are 16 Toni Morrison quotes to help you hold your head high when life gets tough.
- Freeing yourself was one thing, claiming ownership of that freed self was another.
- You are your best thing
- You wanna fly, you got to give up the thing that weighs you down.
- Make a difference about something other than yourselves.
- Somebody has to take responsibility for being a leader.
- There is really nothing more to say-except why. But since why is difficult to handle, one must take refuge in how.
- As you enter positions of trust and power, dream a little before you think.
- I get angry about things, then go on and work.
- You need a whole community to raise a child. I have raised two children, alone.
- I would solve a lot of literary problems just thinking about a character in the subway, where you can’t do anything anyway.
- If there’s a book that you want to read, but it hasn’t been written yet, then you must write it.
- Love is or it ain’t. Thin love ain’t love at all.
- At some point in life the world’s beauty becomes enough. You don’t need to photograph, paint, or even remember it. It is enough.
- She is a friend of my mind. She gathered me, man. The pieces I am, she gathered them and gave them back to me in all the right order.
- Sweet, crazy conversations full of half sentences, daydreams and misunderstandings more thrilling than understanding could ever be.
- And I am all the things I have ever loved: scuppernong wine, cool baptisms in silent water, dream books and number playing.
- Anger … it’s a paralyzing emotion … you can’t get anything done. People sort of think it’s an interesting, passionate, and igniting feeling – I don’t think it’s any of that – it’s helpless … it’s absence of control – I have no use for it whatsoever.
Thanks for reading my favorite 16 Quotes by Toni Morrison. I wish you a great year and hope you can find these quotes whenever you need a boost, so you can confidently crush every challenge or goal you set for yourself.
You can also share your favorites quotes on facebook or send them to a friend who can use them as encouragement. Thank you!