Looking For The Best Quotes Of Toni Morrison? is an American writer, winner of the Pulitzer Prize in 1988 and the Nobel Prize for Literature in 1993.
In her works, Morrison talks about the life of the black people, especially women. She was a civil rights fighter and committed to fighting racial discrimination.
Let’s take a look at collection of 25 Toni Morrison’s famous quotes and sayings that conveying a strong message about race, friendship, love and life. Check it out!
- You wanna fly, you got to give up the thing that weighs you down.
- “When there is pain, there are no words. All pain is the same.” — Toni Morrison Quotes
- “From my point of view, your life is already a miracle of chance waiting for you to shape its destiny.” — Toni Morrison
- “Intimacy is extremely important to me and I want it to be extremely important to the readers.” — Toni Morrison
- “Don’t beg anybody for anything, especially love.” — Toni Morrison
- “Misery don’t call ahead. That’s why you have to stay awake – otherwise it just walks on in your door.” — Toni Morrison
- “Love is never any better than the lover.” — Toni Morrison Beloved Quotes
- “The function of freedom is to free someone else.” — Toni Morrison
- “Freeing yourself was one thing; claiming ownership of that freed self was another.” — Toni Morrison
- “Not knowing it was hard; knowing it was harder” — Toni Morrison
- “I don’t know whether the bird you are holding is dead or alive, but what I do know is that it is in your hands. It is in your hands.” — Toni Morrison
- Make a difference about something other than yourselves.__ Toni Morrison Quotes On Love
- There is really nothing more to say-except why. But since why is difficult to handle, one must take refuge in how.
- As you enter positions of trust and power, dream a little before you think.
- I get angry about things, then go on and work.
- You need a whole community to raise a child. I have raised two children, alone.
- Somebody has to take responsibility for being a leader.__ Best Toni Morrison Quotes
- I would solve a lot of literary problems just thinking about a character in the subway, where you can’t do anything anyway.
- At some point in life the world’s beauty becomes enough. You don’t need to photograph, paint, or even remember it. It is enough.
- She is a friend of my mind. She gathered me, man. The pieces I am, she gathered them and gave them back to me in all the right order.
- Sweet, crazy conversations full of half sentences, daydreams and misunderstandings more thrilling than understanding could ever be.
- If there’s a book that you want to read, but it hasn’t been written yet, then you must write it.__ Toni Morrison Quotes On Writing
- Love is or it ain’t. Thin love ain’t love at all.
- And I am all the things I have ever loved: scuppernong wine, cool baptisms in silent water, dream books and number playing.
- Anger … it’s a paralyzing emotion … you can’t get anything done. People sort of think it’s an interesting, passionate, and igniting feeling – I don’t think it’s any of that – it’s helpless … it’s absence of control – I have no use for it whatsoever.
Thanks for reading my favorite 25 quotes of Toni Morrison. I wish you a great year and hope you can find these quotes whenever you need a boost, so you can confidently crush every challenge or goal you set for yourself.
You can also share your favorites quotes on facebook or send them to a friend who can use them as encouragement. Thank you!
Source: Toni Morrison quotes/citas
- Quotes by Frederick Douglass [20+ Quotes about Freedom and Progress]
- Quotes from Wayne Gretzky [20 Quotes on Hockey, Teamwork & Life]
- Quotes from Rosa Parks [14 Quotes About How to Persist for Success]
- Quotes by Bob Dylan [19 Tips to Help Setting Your Own Manner]
- Quotes by Henry Ford [25 Quotes For Leadership & Customer Experience]
- Quotes from Lucille Ball [20 Quotes to Make You Feel Courageous]
- Quotes from Leonard Cohen [22 Quotes That You Need Right Now]
- Quotes by Elie Wiesel [20 Tips to Help Bring Back Faith in Humanity]
- Quotes by Pope John Paul II [25 Tips About Fighting for What You Believe]
- Quotes by Gordon Ramsay [15 Tips to Help You Do at Your Best]