Looking for best quotes of legendary coach Vince Lombardi? Bellow is our latest selection of 35 quotes from him in coaching, sports and teamwork. Check it out!
born June 11, 1913 in Brooklyn, New York (United States), Vincent Thomas Lombardi is one of the most recognized and admired football coaches in the world. He coached the NFL Green Bay Packers for eight years, also the Washington Redskins for a season in 1969 and General Manager at Green Bay, winning the first two Super Bowls in history.
He passed away on September 3, 1970 in Washington D.C. at age 57 due to colon cancer. Earning the NFL to name the trophy for that Super Bowl season as “Vince Lombardi Trophy” in his honor and to be inducted into the Professional American Football Hall of Fame in 1971. Now, explore his quotes and sayings.
- No one is hurt. The pain is in the mind. If you can walk, you can run.
- Perfection is not attainable, but if we pursue perfection we can achieve excellence. (Vince Lombardi Quotes)
- The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, nor a lack of knowledge, but a lack of will.
- Winners never give up and dropouts never win.
- Trust is contagious. Also the lack of confidence.
- Soccer is like life; it requires perseverance, self-control, hard work, sacrifice, dedication and respect for authority.
- Practice does not make perfection. Only perfect practice makes perfect.
- The achievements of an organization are the results of the combined effort of each individual.
- The real glory is in falling to your knees and getting up. That is true glory, its essence.
- If you cannot accept losing, you cannot win.
- Leaders are made, not born. They are made by hard work, the price we all have to pay to achieve any worthwhile goal.
- Show me a good loser and I’ll show you a loser. (Lombardi Quotes)
- Winners never give up and dropouts never win.
- Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
- “Leadership is based on a spiritual quality; the power to inspire others to follow”
- “Those who have invested the most are the last to surrender.”
- “We would accomplish many more things if we did not think of them as impossible.”
- “Winners never quit and quitters never win.”
- “Live as if you were living already for the second time.”
- “It does not matter how many times you get knocked down, but how many times you get up.”
- “The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That’s real glory. That’s the essence of it.”
- It’s not whether you get knocked down, its whether you get back up. (Vince Lombardi Perfection Quotes)
- It’s easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you’re a winner, when you’re number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you’re not a winner.
- The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.
- Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit.
- Winning is not a sometime thing; it’s an all the time thing. You don’t win once in a while… you don’t do things right once in a while… you do them right all the time. Winning is habit.
- Excellence must be pursued, it must be wooed with all of one’s might and every bit of effort that we have each day there’s a new encounter, each week is a new challenge.
- If it doesn’t matter who wins or loses, then why do they keep score?
- The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have.
- People who work together will win, whether it be against complex football defenses, or the problems of modern society.
- The harder you work, the harder it is to surrender.(Vince Lombardi Leadership Quotes)
- Mental toughness is spartanism with qualities of sacrifice, self-denial, dedication. It is fearlessness, and it is love.
- The price of success is hard work, dedication to the job at hand, and the determination that whether we win or lose, we have applied the best of ourselves to the task at hand.
- Fatigue makes cowards of us all.
- Character is just another word for having a perfectly disciplined and educated will.
We hope you did enjoyed our collection of 35 quotes from Vince Lombardi! Do you like this article? Please share it with your friends. Thank you!
- Quotes of Nicki Minaj [16 Quotes About Relationships, Love & Success]
- Quotes of Charles Bukowski [17 Quotes On Writing, Love & Life]
- Quotes of John Locke [16 Quotes On Human Nature & Liberalism]
- Quotes by James Baldwin [30 Quotes On Justice & Education]
- Quotes from J Cole [Top 42 Quotes On Love & Life]
- Quotes by Anthony Bourdain [15 Quotes On Adventure, Life & Food]
- Quotes by Kate Spade [26 Quotes On Self Confidence]
- Quotes of Yogi Berra [15 Quotes About The Future]
- Quotes by Clint Eastwood [15 Movie Quotes]
- Quotes by Hunter S Thompson [18 Quotes On Life & Love]