Why Is Quotes By Vince Lombardi So Famous? _Vince Lombardi was an NFL coach, notably for the Green Bay Packers, a team he led to five championships.
Vince Lombardi was born in Brooklyn, New York, in 1913. As head coach and general manager of the Green Bay Packers, Lombardi led the team to three NFL championships and to victories in Super Bowls I and II (1967 and 1968).
Because of his success, he became a national symbol of single-minded determination to win. As coach, general manager and part owner of the Washington Redskins, Lombardi led that team to its first winning season in 14 years in 1969. He died from colon cancer in 1970.
Here are 21 quotes by Vince Lombardi that will motivate you to be the best at everything you do. Enjoy!
- Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
- We run to win, not just to be in the race.
- If you aren’t fired with enthusiasm, you will be fired with enthusiasm.
- It’s not whether you get knocked down, its whether you get back up.
- It’s easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you’re a winner, when you’re number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you’re not a winner.
- The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.
- Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit.
- Winning is not a sometime thing; it’s an all the time thing. You don’t win once in a while… you don’t do things right once in a while… you do them right all the time. Winning is habit.
- Excellence must be pursued, it must be wooed with all of one’s might and every bit of effort that we have each day there’s a new encounter, each week is a new challenge.
- We would accomplish many more things if we did not think of them as impossible.
- Mental toughness is spartanism with qualities of sacrifice, self-denial, dedication. It is fearlessness, and it is love.
- If it doesn’t matter who wins or loses, then why do they keep score?
- Confidence is contagious. So is lack of confidence.
- The harder you work, the harder it is to surrender.
- The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have.
- People who work together will win, whether it be against complex football defenses, or the problems of modern society.
- The price of success is hard work, dedication to the job at hand, and the determination that whether we win or lose, we have applied the best of ourselves to the task at hand.
- The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
- Fatigue makes cowards of us all.
- Character is just another word for having a perfectly disciplined and educated will.
- Winners never quit and quitters never win.
We hope you did enjoyed our collection of 21 Quotes by Vince Lombardi! Do you like this article? Please share it with your friends. Thank you!