Quotes by Virginia Woolf _Here are 20 inspiring Virginia Woolf quotes on knowing oneself.
- I am made and remade continually. Different people draw different words from me.
- Blame it or praise it, there is no denying the wild horse in us.
- The older one grows, the more one likes indecency.
- Lock up your libraries if you like; but there is no gate, no lock, no bolt that you can set upon the freedom of my mind.
- Each had his past shut in him like the leaves of a book known to him by heart; and his friends could only read the title.
- They can because they think they can.
- It might be possible that the world itself is without meaning.
- The eyes of others our prisons; their thoughts our cages.
- I can only note that the past is beautiful because one never realises an emotion at the time. It expands later, and thus we don’t have complete emotions about the present, only about the past.
- If you do not tell the truth about yourself you cannot tell it about other people.
- Never pretend that the things you haven’t got are not worth having.
- The history of men’s opposition to women’s emancipation is more interesting perhaps than the story of emancipation itself.
- It is fatal to be a man or woman pure and simple: one must be a woman manly, or a man womanly.
- I will not be ‘famous’, ‘great’. I will go on adventuring, changing, opening my mind and my eyes, refusing to be stamped and stereotyped. The thing is to free one’s self: to let it find its dimensions, not be impeded.
- As long as she thinks of a man, nobody objects to a woman thinking.
- No need to hurry. No need to sparkle. No need to be anybody but oneself.
- Growing up is losing some illusions, in order to acquire others.
- All extremes of feeling are allied with madness.
- I don’t believe in ageing. I believe in forever altering one’s aspect to the sun.
- What does the brain matter compared with the heart?
Thank you for spending time to read our collection of 20 Quotes by Virginia Woolf. And we hope these quotes brought you great inspiration and motivation in everyday life.
Which one is your favorite quote? _let us know in the comments below.