Looking For The Best Quotes Of Voltaire? Below you will find his 35 best phrases, which can help you discover the possibly best French thinker in history. Check it out!
François-Marie Arouet, more commonly known as Voltaire, is a famous writer, philosopher, and historian, born in the beautiful city of Paris in 1694.
In his writings, Voltaire paid special attention to the power of reason and always placed science before religion, this way of thinking shows that he is one of the greatest exponents of an intellectual movement called Enlightenment.
Thanks to thinkers like Voltaire, whose society changed dramatically in the 18th century, the search for wisdom and the development of science in general became more important.
The works of this writer are still studied today and are widely accepted in the 21st century. Would you like to know the most interesting phrases of this well-known philosopher?
- Cherish those who seek the truth but beware of those who find it.
- “Appreciation is a wonderful thing: It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well.”__ Voltaire Quotes,
- “All the reasonings of men are not worth one sentiment of women.”__ Voltaire
- “When there is only one religion, tyranny rules; when there are two, religious war reigns; when there are many, liberty comes.”__ Voltaire
- “Every man is guilty of all the good he didn’t do.”__ Voltaire
- “History never repeats itself. Man always does.”__ Voltaire
- “It is better to risk saving a guilty man than to condemn an innocent one.”__ Voltaire Famous Quote
- “It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.”__ Voltaire
- “Judge a man by his questions rather than his answers.”__ Voltaire
- “Perfection is attained by slow degrees; it requires the hand of time.”__ Voltaire
- “The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease.”__ Voltaire
- “The secret of being a bore… is to tell everything.”__ Voltaire Quotes On Religion
- It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established authorities are wrong.
- Think for yourself and let others enjoy the privilege of doing so too.
- Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.
- The mirror is a worthless invention. The only way to truly see yourself is in the reflection of someone else’s eyes.
- The more often a stupidity is repeated, the more it gets the appearance of wisdom.__ Voltaire Quotes Freedom Of Speech
- If God did not exist, it would be necessary to invent him.
- Doubt is an uncomfortable condition, but certainty is a ridiculous one.
- Don’t think money does everything or you are going to end up doing everything for money.
- It is clear that the individual who persecutes a man, his brother, because he is not of the same opinion, is a monster.
- Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do.__ Voltaire Love Quotes
- The longer we dwell on our misfortunes, the greater is their power to harm us.
- May God defend me from my friends: I can defend myself from my enemies.
- Men are equal; it is not birth but virtue that makes the difference.
Okay, that’s a lot of quotes from Voltaire! If you haven’t, let make sure to bookmark this quotes now and go back to the page, and try create a better habit every time when you need an inspiration or motivation.
One other thing: did you notice some recurring topics throughout these quotes by Voltaire? So what are the most outstanding quotes for you? Comment below!
Source: Best phrases of Voltaire/psicologiaymente
- Dwayne Johnson Quotes [20 Quotes On Love, Life & Success]
- Quotes by George Washington [15 Quotes on Freedom, Faith & Religion]
- Quotes by Dumbledore [Top 15 Words of Wisdom]
- Quotes by Carl Jung [15 Quotes about Psychology, Sex & Women]
- Quotes by George Orwell [22 Quotes On Power & Politics]
- Quotes from Dale Carnegie [Top 25 Quotes On Success]
- Quotes from Alan Watts [25 Quotes on Love & Success]
- Quotes Of Susan B Anthony [16 Quotes on Equality, Liberty & More]
- Quotes From Kahlil Gibran [26 Quotes About Life And Inner Peace]
- Quotes by Confucius [23 Words of Wisdom]