Looking For The Best Quotes Of Voltaire? (Born on 21 November 1694 in Paris, France), François-Marie Arouet, better known as Voltaire, is a French writer, historian, and philosopher. He regarded as one of France’s greatest Enlightenment writers, Voltaire has written more than 20,000 letters, 2,000 books and pamphlets. His greatest works included the satirical novella Candide and the tragic play Zaïre. Voltaire strongly believed in freedom of speech and a free and liberal society. He was twice imprisoned and exiled for many years because of his politically and religiously charged works, which was not well received by the French government. He died in 1778, shortly after returning to Paris.
Here, we gathered the best 25 quotes of Voltaire that create a lasting impression. Check it out!
- Cherish those who seek the truth but beware of those who find it.
- “Appreciation is a wonderful thing: It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well.”__ Voltaire
- “All the reasonings of men are not worth one sentiment of women.”__ Voltaire
- “When there is only one religion, tyranny rules; when there are two, religious war reigns; when there are many, liberty comes.”__ Voltaire
- “Every man is guilty of all the good he didn’t do.”__ Voltaire
- “History never repeats itself. Man always does.”__ Voltaire
- “It is better to risk saving a guilty man than to condemn an innocent one.”__ Voltaire
- “It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.”__ Voltaire
- “Judge a man by his questions rather than his answers.”__ Voltaire
- “Perfection is attained by slow degrees; it requires the hand of time.”__ Voltaire
- “The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease.”__ Voltaire
- “The secret of being a bore… is to tell everything.”__ Voltaire
- It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established authorities are wrong.
- Think for yourself and let others enjoy the privilege of doing so too.__ Quotes by Voltaire
- Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.
- The mirror is a worthless invention. The only way to truly see yourself is in the reflection of someone else’s eyes.
- The more often a stupidity is repeated, the more it gets the appearance of wisdom.
- If God did not exist, it would be necessary to invent him.__ Quotes by Voltaire
- Doubt is an uncomfortable condition, but certainty is a ridiculous one.
- Don’t think money does everything or you are going to end up doing everything for money.
- It is clear that the individual who persecutes a man, his brother, because he is not of the same opinion, is a monster.
- Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do.__ Quotes by Voltaire
- The longer we dwell on our misfortunes, the greater is their power to harm us.
- May God defend me from my friends: I can defend myself from my enemies.
- Men are equal; it is not birth but virtue that makes the difference.
Okay, that’s a lot of quotes by Voltaire! If you haven’t, let make sure to bookmark this quotes now and go back to the page, and try create a better habit every time when you need an inspiration or motivation.
One other thing: did you notice some recurring topics throughout these quotes by Voltaire? So what are the most outstanding quotes for you? Comment below!
- Dwayne Johnson Quotes [20 Quotes On Love, Life & Success]
- Quotes by George Washington [15 Quotes on Freedom, Faith & Religion]
- Quotes by Dumbledore [Top 15 Words of Wisdom]
- Quotes by Carl Jung [15 Quotes about Psychology, Sex & Women]
- Quotes by George Orwell [22 Quotes On Power & Politics]
- Quotes from Dale Carnegie [Top 25 Quotes On Success]
- Quotes from Alan Watts [25 Quotes on Love & Success]
- Quotes Of Susan B Anthony [16 Quotes on Equality, Liberty & More]
- Quotes From Kahlil Gibran [26 Quotes About Life And Inner Peace]
- Quotes by Confucius [23 Words of Wisdom]