Looking for the best quotes of William Shakespeare? Here is a list of the 50 most famous William Shakespeare quotes. Many of them you will surely have heard and some may be new or unknown and that you did not know that they have been written by him. Check it out!
William Shakespeare 1564-1616 is known as one of the greatest writers and playwrights in history. He is also known as the national poet of England and was nicknamed the Baron of Avon. He wrote around 38 plays, 154 sonnets, two long narrative poems, and many other verses, although the authorship of some is uncertain.
His plays have been translated into all the major living languages and are performed more frequently than those of any other playwright. Now, explore his quotes.
- When we are born, we cry that we are come to this great stage of fools.
- Hell is empty and all the devils are here.__ Shakespeare Quotes,
- Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
- “But love is blind and lovers cannot see” — William Shakespeare
- “When I said I would die a bachelor, I did not think I should live till I were married.” — William Shakespeare
- “The very substance of the ambitious is merely the shadow of a dream.” — William Shakespeare
- “To weep is to make less the depth of grief.”__ Shakespeare Love Quotes,
- “There’s neither honesty, manhood, nor good fellowship in thee.” — William Shakespeare
- “And yet,to say the truth, reason and love keep little company together nowadays.” — William Shakespeare
- “To unpathed waters, undreamed shores.” — William Shakespeare
- It is not in the stars to hold our destiny but in ourselves.
- They do not love that do not show their love.__ Shakespeare Quotes About Life,
- There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.
- How far that little candle throws his beams! So shines a good deed in a weary world.
- In time we hate that which we often fear.
- God hath given you one face, and you make yourself another.
- Expectation is the root of all heartache.__ William Shakespeare Love Quotes,
- If we are true to ourselves, we can not be false to anyone.
- Sit by my side, and let the world slip: we shall ne’er be younger.
- You are a lover. Borrow Cupid’s wings and soar with them above a common bound.
- Don’t waste your love on somebody who doesn’t value it.
- The course of true love never did run smooth.__ Best Shakespeare Quotes,
- The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool.
- Be not afraid of greatness: some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them.
Thank you for spending time to read our collection of 25 quotes by William Shakespeare. And we hope these quotes brought you great inspiration and motivation in everyday life.
Which one is your favorite quote? _let us know in the comments below.
Source: William Shakespeare quotes/exitoysuperacionpersonal
- Quotes of John Locke [16 Quotes On Human Nature & Liberalism]
- Quotes by James Baldwin [30 Quotes On Justice & Education]
- Quotes from J Cole [Top 42 Quotes On Love & Life]
- Quotes by Anthony Bourdain [15 Quotes On Adventure, Life & Food]
- Quotes by Kate Spade [26 Quotes On Self Confidence]
- Quotes of Yogi Berra [15 Quotes About The Future]
- Quotes by Clint Eastwood [15 Movie Quotes]
- Quotes by Hunter S Thompson [18 Quotes On Life & Love]
- Quotes by Vince Lombardi [21 Quotes On Winning & Coaching]
- Carrie Fisher Quotes [20 Quotes On Mental Health & Feminism]