Things That Make You Love Quotes From Leonard Cohen _Canadian singer-songwriter Leonard Cohen has been a writer and guitarist since childhood. In the mid-1960s, Cohen started writing and releasing folk-rock and pop songs.
One of his most famous compositions was “Hallelujah”, a song released on various positions in 1984. Cohen was introduced to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2008, and he received Grammy Award for a lifetime achievement in 2010.
Here are 22 of the best quotes from Leonard Cohen that you may need right now. Enjoy!
- There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.
- The last refuge of the insomniac is a sense of superiority to the sleeping world.
- Children show scars like medals. Lovers use them as a secret to reveal. A scar is what happens when the word is made flesh.
- How can I begin anything new with all of yesterday in me?
- Avoid the flourish. Do not be afraid to be weak. Do not be ashamed to be tired. You look good when you’re tired. You look like you could go on forever. Now come into my arms. You are the image of my beauty.
- If you don’t become the ocean, you’ll be seasick every day.
- Reality is one of the possibilities I cannot afford to ignore.
- First of all nothing will happen and a little later, nothing will happen again.
- My reputation as a ladies’ man was a joke that caused me to laugh bitterly through the ten thousand nights I spent alone.
- As our eyes grow accustomed to sight they armor themselves against wonder.
- It’s hard to hold the hand of anyone who is reaching for the sky just to surrender.
- It doesn’t matter what you do because it’s going to happen anyway.
- Act the way you’d like to be and soon you’ll be the way you act.
- Music is the emotional life of most people.
- I never had the sense that there was an end: that there was a retirement or that there was a jackpot.
- I don’t really understand that process called reincarnation but if there is such a thing I’d like to come back as my daughter’s dog.
- The older I get, the surer I am that I’m not running the show.
- When things get really bad, just raise your glass and stamp your feet and do a little jig. That’s about all you can do.
- I’ve always been into self-dramatization. I intend to live forever.
- When you stop thinking about yourself all the time, a certain sense of repose overtakes you.
- A woman watches her body uneasily, as though it were an unreliable ally in the battle for love.
- All of my writing has guitars behind it, even the novels.
As you read these 22 Quotes from Leonard Cohen, realize that they can be a sources of guidance during the times you need and can motivate you when you have a problem.
Neither success nor failure is finite. That’s the motivation you choose to make the biggest difference.