Looking For The Best Quotes Of Leonard Cohen? Canadian singer and songwriter Leonard Cohen (1934 – 2016) has been a writer and guitarist since childhood. In the mid-1960s, Cohen started writing and releasing folk rock and pop songs. One of his most famous compositions was “Hallelujah”, a song released in various locations in 1984.
Bellow are 25 of the best quotes from Leonard Cohen that will help you look at the brighter side of life. Check it out!
- There is a crack in everything. That’s how the light gets in.
- “You have money, fame, youth, beauty, talent. That’s a good start… for feeling good.” — Leonard Cohen Quotes
- “The cutting of the gem has to be finished before you can see whether it shines.” — Leonard Cohen
- “You lose your grip, and then you slip into the Masterpiece.” — Leonard Cohen
- “Even damnation is poisoned with rainbows.” — Leonard Cohen
- Children show scars like medals. Lovers use them as a secret to reveal. A scar is what happens when the word is made flesh.
- The last refuge of the insomniac is a sense of superiority to the sleeping world.__ Leonard Cohen Love Quotes
- How can I begin anything new with all of yesterday in me?
- Avoid the flourish. Do not be afraid to be weak. Do not be ashamed to be tired. You look good when you’re tired. You look like you could go on forever. Now come into my arms. You are the image of my beauty.
- If you don’t become the ocean, you’ll be seasick every day.
- Reality is one of the possibilities I cannot afford to ignore.
- First of all nothing will happen and a little later, nothing will happen again.__ Leonard Cohen Quote Light
- My reputation as a ladies’ man was a joke that caused me to laugh bitterly through the ten thousand nights I spent alone.
- As our eyes grow accustomed to sight they armor themselves against wonder.
- It’s hard to hold the hand of anyone who is reaching for the sky just to surrender.
- Act the way you’d like to be and soon you’ll be the way you act.
- It doesn’t matter what you do because it’s going to happen anyway.__ Cohen Quotes
- I never had the sense that there was an end: that there was a retirement or that there was a jackpot.
- I don’t really understand that process called reincarnation but if there is such a thing I’d like to come back as my daughter’s dog.
- The older I get, the surer I am that I’m not running the show.
- When things get really bad, just raise your glass and stamp your feet and do a little jig. That’s about all you can do.
- I’ve always been into self-dramatization. I intend to live forever.__ Leonard Cohen Quotes About Life
- When you stop thinking about yourself all the time, a certain sense of repose overtakes you.
- A woman watches her body uneasily, as though it were an unreliable ally in the battle for love.
- All of my writing has guitars behind it, even the novels.
As you read these 25 quotes from Leonard Cohen, realize that they can be a sources of guidance during the times you need and can motivate you when you have a problem.
Neither success nor failure is finite. That’s the motivation you choose to make the biggest difference.
- Quotes by James Joyce [25 Quotes on Funny and Imagination]
- Quotes by Frank Sinatra [14 Quotes That’ll Brighten Your Day]
- Quotes by Isaac Newton [17 Best Words of Encouragement]
- Quotes by Abraham Lincoln [25 Quotes About Life & Success]
- Quotes by Frederick Douglass [20+ Quotes about Freedom and Progress]
- Quotes from Wayne Gretzky [20 Quotes on Hockey, Teamwork & Life]
- Quotes from Rosa Parks [14 Quotes About How to Persist for Success]
- Quotes by Bob Dylan [19 Tips to Help Setting Your Own Manner]
- Quotes by Henry Ford [25 Quotes For Leadership & Customer Experience]
- Quotes from Lucille Ball [20 Quotes to Make You Feel Courageous]