Looking For The Best Quotes Of Marcus Aurelius? Marcus Aurelius (Born 26 April 12, Rome [Italy] – died 17 March 180, Sirmium, Pannonia) is a Roman emperor (161–180 ce) and a Stoic philosopher. He was the last of the rulers known as the Five Good Emperors, and the last emperor of the Pax Romana, an age of relative peace and stability for the Roman Empire. Marcus Aurelius is regarded as the symbol for many generations in the West the Golden Age of the Roman Empire.
Here, we gathered 25 most inspiring quotes of Marcus Aurelius to inspire you creating your own happiness and live your best life. Check it out!
- When you arise in the morning think of what a privilege it is to be alive, to think, to enjoy, to love …
- “A man must stand erect, not be kept erect by others.”__ Marcus Aurelius
- “A man’s worth is no greater than his ambitions.”__ Marcus Aurelius
- “Almost nothing material is needed for a happy life, for he who has understood existence.”__ Marcus Aurelius
- “The happiness of your life depends upon the quality of your thoughts.”__ Marcus Aurelius
- “Do every act of your life as though it were the very last act of your life.”__ Marcus Aurelius
- “He who lives in harmony with himself lives in harmony with the universe.”__ Marcus Aurelius
- “It is not death that a man should fear, but he should fear never beginning to live.”__ Marcus Aurelius
- “Stop wishing for something else to happen, for a different fate. That is to live a false life.”__ Marcus Aurelius
- The best revenge is to be unlike him who performed the injury.__ Quotes from Marcus Aurelius
- Waste no more time arguing about what a good man should be. Be one.
- The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit. The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are.
- Dwell on the beauty of life. Watch the stars, and see yourself running with them.
- The memory of everything is very soon overwhelmed in time.
- Accept whatever comes to you woven in the pattern of your destiny, for what could more aptly fit your needs?
- If it is not right do not do it; if it is not true do not say it.
- What we do now echoes in eternity.__ Quotes from Marcus Aurelius
- How much time he gains who does not look to see what his neighbor says or does or thinks, but only at what he does himself, to make it just and holy.
- Look well into thyself; there is a source of strength which will always spring up if thou wilt always look.
- It is the person who continues in his self-deception and ignorance who is harmed.
- If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself, but to your estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment.
- I have often wondered how it is that every man loves himself more than all the rest of men, but yet sets less value on his own opinion of himself than on the opinion of others.__ Quotes from Marcus Aurelius
- A man’s worth is no greater than the worth of his ambitions.
- Here is a rule to remember in future, when anything tempts you to feel bitter: not ‘This is misfortune,’ but ‘To bear this worthily is good fortune.’
- Remember that very little is needed to make a happy life.
Thank you for spending time to read our collection of Quotes from Marcus Aurelius. And we hope these quotes brought you great inspiration and motivation in everyday life.
Which one is your favorite quote? _let us know in the comments below.
- Quotes by George Washington [15 Quotes on Freedom, Faith & Religion]
- Quotes by Dumbledore [Top 15 Words of Wisdom]
- Quotes by Carl Jung [15 Quotes about Psychology, Sex & Women]
- Quotes by George Orwell [22 Quotes On Power & Politics]
- Quotes from Dale Carnegie [Top 25 Quotes On Success]
- Quotes from Alan Watts [25 Quotes on Love & Success]
- Quotes Of Susan B Anthony [16 Quotes on Equality, Liberty & More]
- Quotes From Kahlil Gibran [26 Quotes About Life And Inner Peace]
- Quotes by Confucius [23 Words of Wisdom]
- Quotes by Voltaire [20 Quotes about Life, Love & Religion]