Looking For The Best Quotes Of Marcus Aurelius? Here, we gathered his most inspiring quotes to help you creating your own happiness and live your best life. Check it out!
Marco Aurelio Antonino Augusto is an important Roman emperor born in the year 121 A.D. Many of you will hear these names, as they were represented in the famous Hollywood movie Gladiator.
With the death of this emperor, many historians agree that the longest period of peace that the Roman Empire lived, a period also known as “Pax Romana”, ended. When Marco Aurelio passed away it was largely mythologized and his ashes resided in what is known as “Hadrian’s Mausoleum”, until a looting perpetrated by the Visigoths in 410 AD.
- When you arise in the morning think of what a privilege it is to be alive, to think, to enjoy, to love …
- “A man must stand erect, not be kept erect by others.”__ Marcus Aurelius Quotes
- “A man’s worth is no greater than his ambitions.”__ Marcus Aurelius
- “Almost nothing material is needed for a happy life, for he who has understood existence.”__ Marcus Aurelius
- “The happiness of your life depends upon the quality of your thoughts.”__ Marcus Aurelius
- “Do every act of your life as though it were the very last act of your life.”__ Marcus Aurelius
- “He who lives in harmony with himself lives in harmony with the universe.”__ Marcus Aurelius Meditations Quotes
- “It is not death that a man should fear, but he should fear never beginning to live.”__ Marcus Aurelius
- “Stop wishing for something else to happen, for a different fate. That is to live a false life.”__ Marcus Aurelius
- The best revenge is to be unlike him who performed the injury.
- The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit. The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are.
- Waste no more time arguing about what a good man should be. Be one.__ Aurelius Quotes
- Dwell on the beauty of life. Watch the stars, and see yourself running with them.
- The memory of everything is very soon overwhelmed in time.
- Accept whatever comes to you woven in the pattern of your destiny, for what could more aptly fit your needs?
- What we do now echoes in eternity.
- If it is not right do not do it; if it is not true do not say it.__ Best Marcus Aurelius Quotes
- How much time he gains who does not look to see what his neighbor says or does or thinks, but only at what he does himself, to make it just and holy.
- Look well into thyself; there is a source of strength which will always spring up if thou wilt always look.
- If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself, but to your estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment.
- I have often wondered how it is that every man loves himself more than all the rest of men, but yet sets less value on his own opinion of himself than on the opinion of others.
- It is the person who continues in his self-deception and ignorance who is harmed.__ Marcus Aurelius Quotes Latin
- A man’s worth is no greater than the worth of his ambitions.
- Here is a rule to remember in future, when anything tempts you to feel bitter: not ‘This is misfortune,’ but ‘To bear this worthily is good fortune.’
- Remember that very little is needed to make a happy life.
Thank you for spending time to read our collection of quotes from Marcus Aurelius. And we hope these quotes brought you great inspiration and motivation in everyday life.
Which one is your favorite quote? _let us know in the comments below.
Source: 70 most famous phrases of Marco Aurelio/psicologiaymente
- Quotes by George Washington [15 Quotes on Freedom, Faith & Religion]
- Quotes by Dumbledore [Top 15 Words of Wisdom]
- Quotes by Carl Jung [15 Quotes about Psychology, Sex & Women]
- Quotes by George Orwell [22 Quotes On Power & Politics]
- Quotes from Dale Carnegie [Top 25 Quotes On Success]
- Quotes from Alan Watts [25 Quotes on Love & Success]
- Quotes Of Susan B Anthony [16 Quotes on Equality, Liberty & More]
- Quotes From Kahlil Gibran [26 Quotes About Life And Inner Peace]
- Quotes by Confucius [23 Words of Wisdom]
- Quotes by Voltaire [20 Quotes about Life, Love & Religion]