Looking For The Best Quotes From Vincent van Gogh? (Born March 30, 1853 – died July 29, 1890), Vincent Willem van Gogh is a Dutch impressionist artist, one of the most famous and influential figures in the history of Western art. In just over a decade, he created about 2,100 works of art, including about 860 oil paintings, most of which were from the last two years of his life. These include landscapes, still lifes, portraits and self-portraits, and are characterized by bold colors and dramatic, impulsive and expressive drawings that contribute to the foundation of modern art. He was not commercially successful, and he committed suicide at the age of 37 after years of mental illness and poverty.
Today, Van Gogh’s works are one of the world’s most expensive paintings ever auctioned, and his legacy is honored by a museum in his name, the Van Gogh Museum in Amsterdam, where keep the world’s largest collection of paintings and drawings.
Here are a latest collection of inspirational quotes by the famous painter Vincent van Gogh that will help you find beauty in everything. Check it out!
- If you hear a voice within you say ‘you cannot paint,’ then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced.
- “There is no blue without yellow and without orange.” – Vincent van Gogh
- “Drawing is the root of everything, and the time spent on that is actually all profit.” – Vincent van Gogh
- “Paintings have a life of their own that derives from the painter’s soul.” – Vincent van Gogh
- “I put my heart and my soul into my work, and have lost my mind in the process.” – Vincent van Gogh
- “If one is master of one thing and understands one thing well, one has at the same time, insight into and understanding of many things.” – Vincent van Gogh
- “Painting is a faith, and it imposes the duty to disregard public opinion.” – Vincent van Gogh
- What would life be if we had no courage to attempt anything?__ Quotes from Vincent van Gogh
- If I am worth anything later, I am worth something now. For wheat is wheat, even if people think it is a grass in the beginning.
- Someone has a great fire in his soul and nobody ever comes to warm themselves at it, and passers-by see nothing but a little smoke at the top of the chimney and then go on their way.
- …and then, I have nature and art and poetry, and if that is not enough, what is enough?
- For my part I know nothing with any certainty, but the sight of the stars makes me dream.
- Exaggerate the essential, leave the obvious vague.
- Great things are done by a series of small things brought together.__ Quotes from Vincent van Gogh
- Normality is a paved road: It’s comfortable to walk, but no flowers grow on it.
- I try more and more to be myself, caring relatively little whether people approve or disapprove.
- There is nothing more truly artistic than to love people.
- The beginning is perhaps more difficult than anything else, but keep heart, it will turn out all right.
- I would rather die of passion than of boredom.__ Quotes from Vincent van Gogh
- I often think that the night is more alive and more richly colored than the day.
- Though I am often in the depths of misery, there is still calmness, pure harmony and music inside me.
- It is looking at things for a long time that ripens you and gives you a deeper meaning.
- In the end we shall have had enough of cynicism, skepticism and humbug, and we shall want to live more musically.
- It is good to love many things, for therein lies the true strength, and whosoever loves much performs much, and can accomplish much, and what is done in love is well done.
- The fishermen know that the sea is dangerous and the storm terrible, but they have never found these dangers sufficient reason for remaining ashore.
And with this, we come to the end of collection. It was great to have you till here.
So, which quote did you like the most in our compilation of 25 Quotes from Vincent van Gogh.
Which ever you like, make sure to share them with your friends on social media. After all, sharing is the best caring! Thank you very much!
- Quotes by Robert Downey Jr [18 Quotes About Life, Love & Success]
- Matthew McConaughey Quotes [Top 16 Quotes From Movies]
- J D Salinger Quotes [19 Quotes On Love, Life & Happiness]
- Quotes by Malcolm X [20 Quotes On Education, Freedom & Justice]
- Quotes by Stephen Curry [15 Quotes About God, Life & Success]
- Quotes by Mark Cuban [15 Quotes On Success W. Pictures]
- Quotes by Joel Osteen [20 Quotes On Faith, Strength & Success]
- Quotes by Roald Dahl [19 Quotes On Kindness & Friendship]
- Chance the Rapper Quotes [17 Quotes About Money, Family & Success]
- Quotes by Ernest Hemingway [21 Quotes On Books & Writing]
- Jimi Hendrix Quotes [17 Quotes On Music, Life & Love]