Looking For The Best Quotes Of Edgar Allan Poe? Edgar Allan Poe (Born January 19, 1809 – Died October 7, 1849, Boston, Massachusetts, US), is an American author who lived in the 19th century and is considered as a pioneer in the field of short stories as well as detective fiction among others. Some of his most notable and successful works include the poem ‘The Raven’ written in 1845, the stories ‘The Tell Tale Heart’ and ‘The Fall of the House of Usher’ among others.
It is often said that the work of Edgar Allen Poe, were far ahead of its time and so it has influenced the literary context for many years to come.
Here, we have compiled a list of 25 quotes from him that will will help you see things from an interesting perspective. Check it out!
- Never to suffer would never to have been blessed.
- “The best things in life make you sweaty.”__ Edgar Allan Poe
- “Believe nothing you hear, and only one half that you see.”__ Edgar Allan Poe
- “I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.”__ Edgar Allan Poe
- “Never to suffer would never to have been blessed.”__ Edgar Allan Poe
- “There is no exquisite beauty… without some strangeness in the proportion.”__ Edgar Allan Poe
- “Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.”__ Edgar Allan Poe
- “Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality.”__ Edgar Allan Poe
- “Believe only half of what you see and nothing that you hear.” — Edgar Allan Poe
- “I was never really insane except upon occasions when my heart was touched.” — Edgar Allan Poe
- “Man’s real life is happy, chiefly because he is ever expecting that it soon will be so.” — Edgar Allan Poe
- “I am above the weakness of seeking to establish a sequence of cause and effect, between the disaster and the atrocity.” — Edgar Allan Poe
- Years of love have been forgotten, in the hatred of a minute.
- The true genius shudders at incompleteness — imperfection — and usually prefers silence to saying the something which is not everything that should be said.
- Science has not yet taught us if madness is or is not the sublimity of the intelligence.
- Beauty of whatever kind, in its supreme development, invariably excites the sensitive soul to tears.
- I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind.
- The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?
- It is a happiness to wonder; it is a happiness to dream.
- Experience has shown, and a true philosophy will always show, that a vast, perhaps the larger, portion of truth arises from the seemingly irrelevant.
- All that we see and seem is but a dream within a dream.
- To die laughing must be the most glorious of all glorious deaths!
- We loved with a love that was more than love… With a love that the winged seraphs of heaven coveted her and me.
- Since that period I have never seen nor heard your name without a shiver half of delight half of anxiety.
We hope you did enjoyed our collection of quotes of Edgar Allan Poe! Do you like this article? Please share it with your friends. Thank you!
- Quotes Of Susan B Anthony [16 Quotes on Equality, Liberty & More]
- Quotes From Kahlil Gibran [26 Quotes About Life And Inner Peace]
- Quotes by Confucius [23 Words of Wisdom]
- Quotes by Voltaire [20 Quotes about Life, Love & Religion]
- Quotes from Marcus Aurelius [20 Quotes About Integrity & Philosophy]
- Quotes by Margaret Thatcher [15 Quotes on Leadership & Willpower]
- Quotes By Buddha [22 Quotes on Meditation, Spirituality & Happiness]
- Margaret Mead quotes [11 Positive Words of Encouragement]
- Quotes By Mark Twain That Will Help You See Life In Different Way
- Quotes by Kurt Cobain [12 Tips About Life, Depression & Love]