Looking for the best quotes of Edgar Allan Poe? Here, we have compiled a list of 25 quotes from him that help you see things from an interesting perspective. Check it out!
Edgar Allan Poe (January 19, 1809 – October 7, 1849) is an American writer, poet, critic, and publisher known for his short stories and evocative poems that captured the imagination and interest of readers around the world. His imaginative narrative and mystery and horror stories gave birth to modern detective story.
At first Poe had shown that he had the gift of a pen. Many of Poe’s works including “The Raven”, “The Tell-Tale Heart”, “The Murders on Morgue Street” and “The Fall of the Usher House” became literary classics and continue to inspire readers until today.
However, despite being gifted with the word, his life had been full of pain and difficulties. In fact his death is shrouded in mystery like his stories. Still he left a powerful legacy for those who would dare to follow in his footsteps.
If you like to uncover hidden mysteries in the dark, then I invite you to read these phrases by Edgar Allan Poe.
- Never to suffer would never to have been blessed.
- “The best things in life make you sweaty.”__ Edgar Allan Poe Quotes
- “Believe nothing you hear, and only one half that you see.”
- “I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.”
- “Never to suffer would never to have been blessed.”
- “There is no exquisite beauty… without some strangeness in the proportion.”
- “Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.”__ Poe Quotes
- “Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality.”
- “Believe only half of what you see and nothing that you hear.”
- “I was never really insane except upon occasions when my heart was touched.”
- “I am above the weakness of seeking to establish a sequence of cause and effect, between the disaster and the atrocity.”
- “Man’s real life is happy, chiefly because he is ever expecting that it soon will be so.”__ Tell Tale Heart Quotes
- Years of love have been forgotten, in the hatred of a minute.
- The true genius shudders at incompleteness — imperfection — and usually prefers silence to saying the something which is not everything that should be said.
- Science has not yet taught us if madness is or is not the sublimity of the intelligence.
- Beauty of whatever kind, in its supreme development, invariably excites the sensitive soul to tears.
- I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind.__ Edgar Allan Poe The Raven Quotes
- The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?
- It is a happiness to wonder; it is a happiness to dream.
- Experience has shown, and a true philosophy will always show, that a vast, perhaps the larger, portion of truth arises from the seemingly irrelevant.
- All that we see and seem is but a dream within a dream.
- To die laughing must be the most glorious of all glorious deaths!__Famous Edgar Allan Poe Quotes
- We loved with a love that was more than love… With a love that the winged seraphs of heaven coveted her and me.
- Since that period I have never seen nor heard your name without a shiver half of delight half of anxiety.
We hope you did enjoyed our collection of quotes from Edgar Allan Poe! Do you like this article? Please share it with your friends. Thank you!
Source: Edgar Allan Poe phrases/exitoysuperacionpersonal
- Quotes Of Susan B Anthony [16 Quotes on Equality, Liberty & More]
- Quotes From Kahlil Gibran [26 Quotes About Life And Inner Peace]
- Quotes by Confucius [23 Words of Wisdom]
- Quotes by Voltaire [20 Quotes about Life, Love & Religion]
- Quotes from Marcus Aurelius [20 Quotes About Integrity & Philosophy]
- Quotes by Margaret Thatcher [15 Quotes on Leadership & Willpower]
- Quotes By Buddha [22 Quotes on Meditation, Spirituality & Happiness]
- Margaret Mead quotes [11 Positive Words of Encouragement]
- Quotes By Mark Twain That Will Help You See Life In Different Way
- Quotes by Kurt Cobain [12 Tips About Life, Depression & Love]