Looking For The Best Quotes Of Ralph Waldo Emerson? (Born May 25, 1803, Boston, Massachusetts, U.S.—died April 27, 1882, Concord, Massachusetts), Ralph Waldo Emerson was an American lecturer, essayist, philosopher and poet who led the transcendentalist movement of the mid-19th century.
Here are 25 Ralph Waldo Emerson quotes to help you become more independent and self-reliant. Enjoy!
- “Make your own Bible. Select and collect all the words and sentences that in all your readings have been to you like the blast of a trumpet.”__ Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Men succeed when they realize that their failures are the preparation for their victories.”__ Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “For every minute you are angry you lose sixty seconds of happiness.”__ Quotes of Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better.”__ Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Do not go where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.”
- “What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.”__ Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Cultivate the habit of being grateful for every good thing that comes to you, and to give thanks continuously. And because all things have contributed to your advancement, you should include all things in your gratitude.”__ Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.”__ Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Once you make a decision, the universe conspires to make it happen.”__ Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “The man who grasps principles can successfully select his own methods. The man who tries methods, ignoring principles, is sure to have trouble.”__ Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “The years in your life are less important than the life in your years.”__ Quotes of Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow.”__ Ralph Waldo Emerson
- You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late.
- Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.
- Peace cannot be achieved through violence; it can only be attained through understanding.
- Without ambition one starts nothing. Without work one finishes nothing. The prize will not be sent to you. You have to win it.
- Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.
- Most of the shadows of this life are caused by standing in one’s own sunshine.
- Nothing is at last sacred but the integrity of your own mind.__ Quotes of Ralph Waldo Emerson
- It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them.
- Shallow men believe in luck or in circumstance. Strong men believe in cause and effect.
- Happiness is a perfume you cannot pour on others without getting some on yourself.
- To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.
- People do not seem to realize that their opinion of the world is also a confession of their character.
- The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.
Thank you for spending time to read our collection of 25 Quotes of Ralph Waldo Emerson. And we hope these quotes brought you great inspiration and motivation in everyday life.
Which one is your favorite quote? _let us know in the comments below.
- Quotes By Pablo Picasso [Top 20 Quotes to Inspire the Artist in You]
- Arnold Schwarzenegger Quotes [Top 20 Quotes On Motivation & Success]
- Quotes by Steve Jobs [26 Quotes on Innovation & Success]
- Quotes by Warren Buffett [25 Quotes Very Practical & Endless Wisdom]
- Quotes by Lao Tzu [30 Quotes to Transform Your Inner Being]
- Quotes from Margaret Atwood [25+ Quotes to Stimulate the Writer in You]
- Anais Nin Quotes [24 Quotes Will Change How You See the World]
- Bob Ross Quotes [25 Quotes About Art Of Life]
- Quotes By Paul Walker [25 Quotes About Speed, Cars & Movies]
- Quotes from Andy Warhol [16 Quotes On Art, Love & Life]