Why Is Quotes Of Susan B Anthony So Famous? (Born February 15, 1820, Adams, Massachusetts, – Died: March 13, 1906, Rochester, New York, U.S),
Susan Brownell Anthony, better known as Susan B. Anthony is an American social reformer and a women’s rights activist who plays an important role in the women’s suffrage movement. She is the president of the National Association of American Women and the New York State agent for the American Association against Slavery.
Susan B. Anthony will always be remembered for her aggressiveness and compassion as well as her sharp mind and great ability to inspire. Despite all the opposition and abuse, she still manages to use her daily strength to provide the force and direction for the women’s suffrage movement.
In her honor, here, we gathered the best 25 quotes of Susan B Anthony that will make you value your freedom. Enjoy!
- The true republic: men, their rights, and nothing more; women, their rights, and nothing less.
- “Oh, if I could but live another century and see the fruition of all the work for women! There is so much yet to be done.”
- “I don’t want to die as long as I can work; the minute I can not, I want to go.”
- “I think the girl who is able to earn her own living and pay her own way should be as happy as anybody on earth. The sense of independence and security is very sweet.”
- “Trust me that as I ignore all law to help the slave, so will I ignore it all to protect an enslaved woman.”
- “White men have always controlled their wives’ wages. Colored men were not able to do so until they themselves became free. Then they owned both their wives and their wages.
- “Marriage, to women as to men, must be a luxury, not a necessity; an incident of life, not all of it.”
- “Join the union, girls, and together say, ‘Equal Pay for Equal Work!'”
- “Away with your man-visions! Women propose to reject them all, and begin to dream dreams for themselves.”
- “Woman must not depend on the protection of man, but must be taught to protect herself.”
- “I have given my life and all I am to it, and now I want my last act to be to give it all I have, to the last cent.”
- “To think I have had more than 60 years of hard struggle for a little liberty, and then to die without it seems so cruel.”
- ‘Tis strange, ’tis passing strange that a girl possessed of common sense should be willing to marry a lunatic—but so it is.”
- “No man is good enough to govern any woman without her consent.__ Quotes of Susan B Anthony
- I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires.
- Forget conventionalisms; forget what the world thinks of you stepping out of your place; think your best thoughts, speak your best words, work your best works, looking to your own conscience for approval.__ Quotes of Susan B Anthony
- There never will be complete equality until women themselves help to make laws and elect lawmakers.
- Our Job is not to make young women grateful. It is to make the ungrateful so they keep going. Gratitude never radicalized anybody.
- I don’t want to die as long as I can work; the minute I cannot, I want to go.
- To think, I have had more than 60 years of hard struggle for a little liberty, and then to die without it seems so cruel.
- Organize, agitate, educate, must be our war cry.__ Quotes of Susan B Anthony
- The older I get, the greater power I seem to have to help the world; I am like a snowball – the further I am rolled the more I gain.
Okay, that’s a lot of Quotes of Susan B Anthony! If you haven’t, let make sure to bookmark this quotes now and go back to the page, and try create a better habit every time when you need an inspiration or motivation.
One other thing: did you notice some recurring topics throughout these 25 Quotes of Susan B Anthony? So what are the most outstanding quotes for you? Comment below!
- Quotes by Kurt Vonnegut [17 Quotes On Writing & Reading]
- Quotes by Eckhart Tolle [15 Quotes On Letting Go & Forgiveness]
- Quotes by Bob Marley [14 Quotes About Money, Life & Friendship]
- Dwayne Johnson Quotes [20 Quotes On Love, Life & Success]
- Quotes by George Washington [15 Quotes on Freedom, Faith & Religion]
- Quotes by Dumbledore [Top 15 Words of Wisdom]
- Quotes by Carl Jung [15 Quotes about Psychology, Sex & Women]
- Quotes by George Orwell [22 Quotes On Power & Politics]
- Quotes from Dale Carnegie [Top 25 Quotes On Success]
- Quotes from Alan Watts [25 Quotes on Love & Success]