What I Wish Everyone Knew About Quotes Of Yogi Berra _Yogi Berra, byname of Lawrence Peter Berra, (born May 12, 1925, St. Louis, Missouri, U.S.—died September 22, 2015, West Caldwell, New Jersey), American professional baseball player, manager, and coach who was a key player for the New York Yankees for 18 years (1946–63), during which he played in a record 14 World Series (1947, 1949–53, 1955–58, and 1960–63), winning an unprecedented 10.
He also established records (all since broken) for catchers of his era: he held the benchmark for most home runs hit by a catcher (313), most consecutive errorless games (148), and most consecutive chances handled (950). (A chance constitutes any play in which a player can make a putout, an assist, or an error; when a chance is “handled,” either a putout or an assist is the result.)
Here are 15 funny Quotes of Yogi Berra that will make you laugh and learn some valuable lessons in life. Enjoy!
- A nickel ain’t worth a dime anymore.
- You can observe a lot by watching.
- We have a good time together, even when we’re not together.
- It ain’t over ’til it’s over.
- I guess the first thing I should do is thank everybody who made this day necessary.
- If you ask me anything I don’t know, I’m not going to answer.
- The future ain’t what it used to be.
- When you come to a fork in the road, take it.
- If you don’t know where you are going, you might wind up someplace else.
- You wouldn’t have won if we’d beaten you.
- You should always go to other people’s funerals. Otherwise, they won’t come to yours.
- Baseball is 90 percent mental and the other half is physical.
- If you can’t imitate him, don’t copy him.
- There are some people who, if they don’t already know, you can’t tell ’em.
- I never said most of the things I said. Then again, I might have said ’em, but you never know.
Thanks for reading my 15 favorite Quotes of Yogi Berra. I wish you a great year and hope you can find these quotes whenever you need a boost, so you can confidently crush every challenge or goal you set for yourself.
You can also share your favorites quotes on facebook or send them to a friend who can use them as encouragement. Thank you!