Looking for quotes about envy and jealousy? Envy is an emotion that devours many of us. It is not healthy, it prevents us from moving forward and fixes our attention on what others have instead of being grateful for the wonderful things that we already have in our lives.
There is a Buddhist term known as “Mudita” which means empathetic or disinterested joy, which is not influenced by self-interest. It is the joy for the good luck of others. The opposite of Mudita is envy and jealousy.
Here are some phrases about envy and jealousy that you should consider overcoming as you go about your life. Check it out!
- “Our envy always lasts longer than the happiness of those we envy.” Francisco
- “The envious die not once, but as many times as the envied earn applause.” Baltasar Gracian, Quotes About Jealousy
- “Envy is so skinny and yellow because it bites and does not eat.” Francisco de Quevedo
- Envy, if it is surrounded on all sides by the light of other people’s prosperity, ends up killing itself, like the scorpion surrounded by a circle of fire. ” Charles Caleb Colton
- “Envy is the cowardly side of hatred, and all its ways are bleak and desolate.” Henry Abbey
- “Envy is a smallness of the soul, which cannot see beyond a certain point, and if it does not occupy all the space, it feels excluded.” William Hazlitt
- “Be careful, do not harbor that vice called envy, lest someone else’s happiness be your torment, and that God’s blessing become your curse.” Wellins Calcott, Quotes On Jealousy And Hate
- “Do not overestimate what you have received, nor envy others. He who envies others does not obtain peace of mind. ” Buhda
- “Few men have the character to envy a friend’s success without envy.” Aeschylus
- “Jealousy, that dragon that kills love under the pretext of keeping it alive.” Havelock Ellis
- “Jealousy would be much less torturing if we understood that love is a passion entirely alien to our merits.” Paul Eldridge
- “Oh, what a bitter thing it is to look at happiness through another man’s eyes.” William Shakespeare, Quotes On Jealousy And Envy
- “Love looks through a telescope, while envy does it through a microscope.” Josh Billings
- “Envy strikes the noblest: just as the winds howl around the highest peaks.” Publio Ovidio
- Stay away from envy; eat and take away good deeds, as fire eats and burns wood. ” Muhammad
- “Envy is linked to the comparison that man makes with himself, and where there is no comparison, there is no envy.” Francis Bacon
- “The envious man is weakened by the neighbor’s fatness.” Horacio, Quotes On Jealousy And Love
- “Envy is like a fly that passes through all the healthiest parts of the body and stops on the sores.” Arthur Chapman
- “Envy is a symptom of a lack of appreciation of our own uniqueness and self-esteem. Each of us has something to give that no one else has. ” Frank Tyger
- “Anger, resentment, envy, and jealousy do not change the hearts of others, only yours changes.” Shannon L. Alder
- “Envy lurks at the bottom of the human heart like a viper in its hole.” Honoré de Balzac
- “The jealous annoy others, but they are a torment to themselves.” William Penn, Quotes On Jealousy And Envy
- “Envy is the art of counting other people’s blessings instead of yours.” Harold Coffin
- “Jealousy is nothing more than feeling alone against smiling enemies.” Elizabeth Bowen
- “If jealousy is a sign of love, it is like fever in a sick man, that having it is a sign of having life, but a sick and ill-disposed life.” Miguel de Cervantes
- “There comes a time in the education of every individual when one comes to the conviction that envy is ignorance.” Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “He who is jealous is never jealous because of what he sees; what you imagine is enough. ” Jacinto Benavente, Jealous Boyfriend Quotes
- “Envy is a thousand times more terrible than hunger, because it is spiritual hunger.” Miguel de Unamuno
- “Jealousy is the dragon of paradise: hell from heaven: and the most bitter of emotions because it is associated with the sweetest.” Alfred Richard Orage
- “Anger and jealousy cannot bear to lose sight of their objects other than love.” George Eliot
- “When men are filled with envy, they look down on everything, whether good or bad.” Tacit.
- “The true proof that you have been born with great qualities lies in being born without envy.” Francisco, The Crucible Quotes On Jealousy
- “Jealousy strikes us with the dagger of doubt.” Terri Guillemets
- True confidence leaves no room for jealousy. When you know you are Great, you have no need to hate.
- Jealousy only eats up your beauty. Have more faith in yourself, you got something that other people don’t. __ Sanoja weesinghe
Thank you for spending time to read our collection of 35 quotes about jealousy. And we hope these quotes brought you great inspiration and motivation in everyday life.
Which one is your favorite quote? _let us know in the comments below.
- 60 Deepak Chopra Quotes Will Raise Your Spiritual Awareness
- 30 Ray Kroc Quotes Will Inspire You To Succeed
- 45 Happy Valentines Day Quotes For Your Loved Ones
- 25 April Fools Day Quotes To Start The Day Just Right
- 25 Best Short Quotes About Life, Success & Happiness
- 25 Funny Quotes About Death That Make You Ponder Or Giggle
- 35 Hilarious Quotes To Celebrate Doctor’s Day 2020
- 35 Quotes For LGTB: Motivating, Inspiring Against Homophobia
- 56 Most Inspiring Quotes Of Dalai Lama To Start Your Day
- 35 Joseph Campbell Quotes On Marriage, Love & Life