Looking For The Best Quotes On Memorial Day? Is the United States National Day, celebrated annually on the last Monday of May. This day is dedicated to the memory of American soldiers who died in all wars and armed conflicts in which the United States has ever taken part.
The holiday originated after the Civil War in the United States and was originally dedicated to the northerners who died in this war.
Since 1971, Memorial Day has officially become the national holiday of the United States. On this day, Americans visit cemeteries and war memorials; the US flag is lowered by noon local time.
Here are 25 quotes and sayings to commemorate the brave soldiers of the US Army who became martyrs … Take a look!
- How important it is for us to recognize and celebrate our heroes and she-roes! – Maya Angelou
- The brave die never, though they sleep in dust, their courage nerves a thousand living men. — Memorial Day Quotes For Dad
- The birthplace of anarchy is the cemetery of freedom.”― Craig D. Lounsbrough
- “The atrocities of war are only overshadowed by the heroism of their dead.”― Todd Stocker
- “A cause that only serves me is much like a door on the edge of a cliff, it doesn’t open to anywhere good.”― Craig D. Lounsbrough
- “It is important that we remember.It is vital we do more than just remember.”― Richelle E. Goodrich
- “We all stand for something. And we would be wise to determine what that ‘something’ is because in time we will become ‘some’ of that ‘thing.”― Craig D. Lounsbrough, Quotes On Memorial Day
- “I can be equipped for a cause or I can be committed to one. The former might win the battle, but the latter will win the war.”― Craig D. Lounsbrough
- “Rights’ are ‘privileges,’ and if I am arrogant enough to demand the former without respecting the latter I will lose both.”― Craig D. Lounsbrough
- “On this day, take time to remember those who have fallen. But on every day after, do more; put the freedoms they died for to greater and nobler uses.”― Richelle E. Goodrich,
- “Every star in the universe represents a soul of a soldier who gave his life for the life you live today.”― Giovannie de Sadeleer
- “Freedom is viewed as a ‘right’ to those who don’t yet understand that everything is a ‘privilege.”― Craig D. Lounsbrough, “Quotes on Memorial Day
- “Freedom is not license. For the former looks out for the good of ‘all’, while the latter looks out for the good of ‘me’.”― Craig D. Lounsbrough
- “Liberty isn’t free, despite the fact that we ‘freely’ disregard that fact.”― Craig D. Lounsbrough
- “Freedom is a privilege, not a right. And as such, I have no right to ask anything of it, but I have the privilege of giving everything to it.”― Craig D. Lounsbrough
- Those that die for a good cause… hover as a cloud of witnesses over the nation. — Henry Ward Beecher
- There is nothing nobler than risking your life for your country. – Nick Lampson, Happy Memorial Day Quotes
- As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter the words, but to live by them. – John F. Kennedy
- For love of country they accepted death, and thus resolved all doubts, and made immortal their patriotism and their virtue. — James A. Garfield
- The legacy of heroes is the memory of a great name and the inheritance of a great example. – Benjamin Disraeli
- A hero is someone who has given his or her life to something bigger than oneself. – Joseph Campbell
- I only regret that I have but one life to lose for my country. – Nathan Hale __ Memorial Day Quotes Military
- The willingness of America’s veterans to sacrifice for our country has earned them our lasting gratitude. — Jeff Miller
- Those who have long enjoyed such privileges as we enjoy forget in time that men have died to win them. – Franklin D. Roosevelt
- It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God such men lived. – George S. Patton
Okay, that’s a lot of Quotes on Memorial Day! If you haven’t, let make sure to bookmark this quotes now and go back to the page, and try create a better habit every time when you need an inspiration or motivation.
One other thing: did you notice some recurring topics throughout these 25 Quotes on Memorial Day? So what are the most outstanding quotes for you? Comment below!
- Quotes for Happy Anniversary [Top 25 Anniversary Quotes Funny]
- 4th of July Quotes [25+ USA Independence Day Quotes]
- Juneteenth Quotes [Best Sayings About Emancipation From Slavery 2019]
- Father Day Quotes From Daughter [Top 55 Quotes]
- Father Day Quotes From Wife [ Stunning Examples 2019]
- Funny Quotes On Father’s Day [Omg! The Best Quotes Ever]
- Quotes For Veteran [Quotes To Remind Us The Cost Of Freedom]
- Veterans Day Quotes [24 Quotes To Say Thank You To Our Military]
- Quotes for Wedding [28 Beautiful Quotes For Couples]