Looking for the best quotes of Thomas Jefferson? Here we present a selection of the 35 quotes of him, by which we can discover the personality of one of the most relevant men in American history. Check it out!
Thomas Jefferson, born during the year 1743 in the town of Shadwell, was the third president of the United States and the main ideologist of the Declaration of Independence. This historical text was signed by Jefferson along with other great characters in history such as George Washington, John Adams or the also well-known Benjamin Franklin.
As one of the founding fathers and also President of the United States, you most likely have heard about him or even know quite a lot about his political career.
But without a doubt, the most striking thing about this great man is his values and principles. Thanks to them, he helped create a fairer society, the country he founded with his teammates.
- Honesty is the first chapter of the book wisdom.
- “The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.”__ Jefferson Quotes,
- “I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.”
- “Nobody is better than you and remember, you are better than nobody.”
- “A great deal of love given to a few is better than a little to many.”
- “An honest man can feel no pleasure in the exercise of power over his fellow citizens.”
- “Do not bite at the bait of pleasure, till you know there is no hook beneath it.”__ Thomas Jefferson Famous Quotes
- “Do you want to know who you are? Don’t ask. Act! Action will delineate and define you.”
- “He who knows best knows how little he knows.”
- “He who permits himself to tell a lie once, finds it much easier to do it the second time.”
- “Honesty is the first chapter of the book wisdom.”
- I’m a greater believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it.__ Thomas Jefferson Quotes On Government
- It does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
- The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers.
- I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical.
- Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude.
- In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.__ Thomas Jefferson Quotes On Freedom
- I like the dreams of the future better than the history of the past.
- The care of human life and happiness, and not their destruction, is the first and only object of good government.
- When angry, count to ten before you speak. If very angry, count to one hundred.
- To learn, you have to listen. To improve, you have to try.
- Never spend your money before you have earned it.__ Thomas Jefferson Tyranny Quote
- To penetrate and dissipate these clouds of darkness, the general mind must be strengthened by education.
- Only aim to do your duty, and mankind will give you credit where you fail.
- Errors of opinion may be tolerated where reason is left free to combat it.
Source: Thomas Jefferson’s best quotes/psicologiaymente
We hope you did enjoyed our collection of Thomas Jefferson quotes! Do you like this article? Please share it with your friends. Thank you!
- Quotes of Yogi Berra [15 Quotes About The Future]
- Quotes by Clint Eastwood [15 Movie Quotes]
- Quotes by Hunter S Thompson [18 Quotes On Life & Love]
- Quotes by Vince Lombardi [21 Quotes On Winning & Coaching]
- Carrie Fisher Quotes [20 Quotes On Mental Health & Feminism]
- Quotes By William Shakespeare [18 Quotes About Life & Education]
- Quotes of Marie Curie [14 Quotes On Self Improvement]
- Quotes by Charlie Brown [20 Quotes About Friendship & Happiness]
- Quotes by Plato [20 Quotes On Knowledge & Education]
- Quotes by LeBron James [11 Quotes On Teamwork, Strength & Success]