Looking For The Best Quotes For Veterans Day? Veterans Day is a legal U.S. holiday dedicated to U.S. veterans in all wars, and 2019 Veterans Day takes place on Monday, November 1. In 1918, on November 11, an armistice or temporary cessation of hostilities, was declared between the Allied and Germany during the First World War, later known as “the Great War”.
Held in many countries as the Armistice Day next year, November 11 became a federal holiday in the U.S in 1938. After the aftermath of World War II and the Korean War, the Armistice Day was known as Veterans Day.
We hope the following 25 veterans day quotes will help us keep these men & women in our thoughts and pray not only on Nov. 11 but also 364 other days of the year. Enjoy!
- With great pride and honor, we salute our heroes of past and present – the Veterans! Happy Veterans Day!
- “Our Veterans accepted the responsibility to defend America and uphold our values when duty called.”__Bill Shuster
- “A hero is someone who has given his or her life to something bigger than oneself.”Joseph Campbell __ Veterans Day Quotes
- It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived. __George S. Patton
- Brave men rejoice in adversity, just as brave soldiers triumph in war.__ Lucius Annaeus Seneca
- Courage in danger is half the battle.__ Plautus
- I am not a hero but the brave men who died deserved this honor.__ Ira Hayes
- Perfect Valor is to do, without a witness, all that we could do before the whole world.__ Francois de La Rochefoucauld
- Duty, Honor, Country. Those three hallowed words reverently dictate what you ought to be, what you can be, what you will be. __Douglas MacArthur
- True heroism is remarkably sober, very undramatic. It is not the urge to surpass all others at whatever cost, but the urge to serve others at whatever cost.__Arthur Ashe
- “As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them.”__John Fitzgerald Kennedy
- Caring for veterans shouldn’t be a partisan issue. It should an American one. – Jennifer Granholm
- “Honoring the sacrifices many have made for our country in the name of freedom and democracy is the very foundation of Veterans Day.” – Charles B. Rangel
- “Honor to the soldier and sailor everywhere, who bravely bears his country’s cause. Honor, also, to the citizen who cares for his brother in the field and serves, as he best can, the same cause.” Abraham Lincoln __ Veterans Day Quotes
- “How important it is for us to recognize and celebrate our heroes and she-roes!” —Maya Angelou
- Our veteran’s not only sacrificed their lives for their families but also for their friends and even to their enemies. We owe them a lot.
- It is not about the one who is seated as President nor the other powerful ones but actually for the people, the country that the veterans promised to serve.
- We often take for granted the very things that most deserve our gratitude. ~Cynthia Ozick
- America’s veterans and troops serving abroad today fought hard to preserve our red, white and blue, from the Revolutionary War to today’s Global War Against
- Terrorism, and Congress’ action today is appropriate for one of our most sacred symbols. – Bill Shuster
- Caring for veterans shouldn’t be a partisan issue. It should an American one. Jennifer Granholm __ Veterans Day Quotes
- “This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave.” -Elmer Davis
- “But the freedom that they fought for, and the country grand they wrought for, Is their monument to-day, and for aye.” -Thomas Dunn English
- Your valiance, loyalty, and sacrifice for this nation will never be forgotten. Wishing you a Happy Veterans Day!
- Dearest son, your courage and patriotism brings great pride and honor to our family. I wish you a very happy Veterans Day!
And with this, we come to the end of collection. It was great to have you till here.
So, which quote did you like the most in our compilation of 25 veterans day quotes.
Which ever you like, make sure to share them with your friends on social media. After all, sharing is the best caring! Thank you very much!
- Quotes for Wedding [28 Beautiful Quotes For Couples]
- Quotes on Memorial Day [17 Quotes For Veterans & Military]
- Quotes for Happy Anniversary [Top 25 Anniversary Quotes Funny]
- 4th of July Quotes [25+ USA Independence Day Quotes]
- Juneteenth Quotes [Best Sayings About Emancipation From Slavery 2019]
- Father Day Quotes From Daughter [Top 55 Quotes]
- Father Day Quotes From Wife [ Stunning Examples 2019]
- Funny Quotes On Father’s Day [Omg! The Best Quotes Ever]
- Quotes For Veteran [Quotes To Remind Us The Cost Of Freedom]